4th Batch: Chocoholic Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imblebee

Reaction score
I don't have any fancy colorings on hand so I decided to use some cocoa powder to bring out the "fancy". I used 2T. to color half of my batter then poured at varying heights into the fancy-schmancy tupperware. I also scented with Sandalwood Vanillabean and wish I hadn't. Maybe someone will like the smell, but that someone won't be me. :(

I poured and then popped into the cool oven and covered with a towel. Quick to gel, almost turned black! Was quick to cut and turned out to be a real beaut. Did ash on top, I deftly cut it off. Too bad it stinks like sandalwood caca. Hah, poop on a stick! Interestingly enough the entire batch was scented and the base soap hasn't discolored from the "villan vanillan".

1 lb. batch: Cocoa Swirl
60% Lard
20% Coconut (76)
10% Crisco
10% Castor Oil
172.3 g H2O
67.3 g NaOH

P3060054.jpg

oh that is gorgeous !! I love the swirls !!!

You can send some to me if you want, I LOVE sandalwood :D

oh that is gorgeous !! I love the swirls !!!

You can send some to me if you want, I LOVE sandalwood Very Happy

I am in the Philadelphia area almost every weekend. If you'd like a piece I'd be more than happy to send one out. They're pretty small pieces (had to make them in a odd shaped tupperware), but so far they are showing a promising lather. :wink:

I LOVE THE COLOR.

That color is perfect for men. Its got a natural rugged look to it. I think it would look like wood if the white part was a light brown. I think those look A++++++ and no bad beer in them ether LOL

I am swirl repressed. Tried swirl again the other day and got nuttin. I think I am doing it at too heavy of a trace but I will get there, mark my words, oh yes I willllllll. Thats is, now I'm mad, I am heading out right now and I'm going to make another batch of chocolate mint and it's going to swirl Da*&it.

Beautiful! Those are amazing!

Which Sandlewood Vanilla did you use? I did one a couple of months ago, and it totally discolored. Smells more vanilla than Sandlewood, too. IMO Would love to hear what you used. Mine was from Brambleberry.

Which Sandlewood Vanilla did you use? I did one a couple of months ago, and it totally discolored. Smells more vanilla than Sandlewood, too. IMO Would love to hear what you used. Mine was from Brambleberry.

Mine was picked up from a local store and it smelled okay to my nose at the time. I tossed it the next day. I'll try to get the brand if I go back there but I wouldn't really recommend... it's cheapy stinky.

WOW. Those are absolutely gorgeous. You should be really proud.

Imblebee, I've been looking at your batches and they are fab. Nice going on your first soaps! This last one is just perfect. Love the swirl, love the shapes, love the commentary :D :D Keep 'em coming!

Imblebee said:
I don't have any fancy colorings on hand so I decided to use some cocoa powder to bring out the "fancy". I used 2T. to color half of my batter then poured at varying heights into the fancy-schmancy tupperware. I also scented with Sandalwood Vanillabean and wish I hadn't. Maybe someone will like the smell, but that someone won't be me. :(

I poured and then popped into the cool oven and covered with a towel. Quick to gel, almost turned black! Was quick to cut and turned out to be a real beaut. Did ash on top, I deftly cut it off. Too bad it stinks like sandalwood caca. Hah, poop on a stick! Interestingly enough the entire batch was scented and the base soap hasn't discolored from the "villan vanillan".

1 lb. batch: Cocoa Swirl
60% Lard
20% Coconut (76)
10% Crisco
10% Castor Oil
172.3 g H2O
67.3 g NaOH

P3060054.jpg
looks beautiful, so the cocoa powder make it smell? or just color?

Back