21 layers of mica goodness

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersoaper3000

Reaction score
Craft fair season leaves so little time for playing with soap :roll:
I made this yesterday with the help of my 3 year old daughter (she helped pick colors and spread the layers). We like micas. A lot. I can't wait for her to get old enough to help with wrapping them :lol:

We used 6 lbs of soap in a 9x9 baking pan. Each layer is 1/2 cup making for 21 layers in all.

mop2duo.jpg

mop2trio.jpg

Wow!! Those are so beautiful. And your daughter is so lucky to have a mum who shares her passion for beauty with her.

Those are so pretty! Your daughter did a great job picking the colors :D

supersoaper3000 said:
...We used 6 lbs of soap in a 9x9 baking pan. Each layer is 1/2 cup making for 21 layers in all.

That soap looks amazing!!!
Now please explain how you got 6 lbs of soap in a 9x9 baking pan :lol:

Thanks for the kind words y'all.

rubyslippers: Now please explain how you got 6 lbs of soap in a 9x9 baking pan.... a 2" tall 9x9 pan will hold right around 6 lbs of liquid. I melted and added fragrance to 6 lbs of soap in a crockpot, took out a half a cup at a time to add color, pour into pan and spread it all around by tilting the pan. I did that 20 times and finished with a layer that was closer to 3/4 of a cup.

pepper: your daughter is so lucky to have a mum who shares her passion for beauty with her... I'm sure I would make a wonderful mother, but as it stands I make for a pretty good father :lol: . No fear, that is a statistically valid assumption that I would be a woman

honor435: M&P all the way. I call myself a soap artisan because I don't make soap, I just make soap pretty.

Wow! They are stunning!
I've always been a CP'er, only mucked around with MP with not much success.
You've inspired me to have another crack at it!
My daughter and I were in a National Geographic store the other day and they had gemstone soaps, 100gm each, $24.95!!!!

Ooops :oops: Sorry about the assumption, Supersoaper. Edit: "And your daughter is so lucky to have a dad who shares his passion for beauty with her". Unfortunately, I don't know any men who would appreciate the beauty of that soap, or have the patience and inclination to spend so much time to make something so beautiful.

Way Cool! And keeping it all melted in the crockpot is a really good idea.

That's one of the most beautiful soaps I've EVER seen! Thanks for sharing pics. I'm in awe. :shock:

Back