2 questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKristen

Reaction score
So I unmolded a soap last night from my new silicone loaf mold and there were these little bubble like things, perfect little dots all over the sides, they almost seem like they are inside the soap since I can't actually feel them if that makes any sense. I know its tough to know without a pic so I will upload one tonight

Second question is about FO, what is your fav online vendor? I am looking for inexpensive options and have so far tried naturescandlesupoly and I've been pretty happy with them I also bought a few from WSP and those I haven't been as pleased with. I was just trying to get everyones opinions on where they liked to shop since there are so many options!

They could just be air bubbles, it is hard to tell without a picture. I like Brambleberry.com, Southern Gardens and Nature's Garden. You can buy one oz. size f.o. at Nature's Gardens and sample kits at Brambleberry.com. Southern Garden Scents have sniffy samples for sale @ .79 each.

I agree with lsg about it being air bubbles. That's what it sounds like.

As for good fragrance oils, these are my favorites:
Natures Garden Candles
Brambleberry
Bitter Creek North
Elements Bath and Body
From Nature With Love
The Sage
Peak Candle Supply
Aroma Haven

Those are just some of my favorites ;)

You may be able to find one close to you to save on shipping though at http://suppliersbystate.com or if you're looking for specific scents, there's http://fragranceoilfinder.com

Brambleberry is fantastic for FOs in my opinion. WSP is sometimes great, sometimes not so great. I keep hearing so many awesome things about Nature's Garden, I can't wait to try them out.

I love New Directions Aromatics for FOs. Compared between BB, Voyageur (Canadian) and ND, ND has the best prices. And they show reviews below the product listing- surprisingly a LOT of buyers have reviewed most products so it's great to hear an opinion of an item before you buy. Great customer service, too.

Back