2 invgredient Manteca and pine tar soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulrurunaturals

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions of percentage of pine tar to Manteca. Been wanting to try this for a but never made a Manteca soap before however I made a pine tar soap however using multiple ingredients. I hear manteca is great in soap however I'd like to try making Manteca and pine tar only soap any suggestions for percentage of pine tar ?

I would use 10% to 20% pine tar. With only pine tar and manteca, you might not get much lather. Any chance you are willing to add a little coconut oil? 15% would really help boost lather.

I would use 10% to 20% pine tar. With only pine tar and manteca, you might not get much lather. Any chance you are willing to add a little coconut oil? 15% would really help boost lather.
Yeah sounds good. So does Manteca by itself make a relatovly hard bar? Maybe I'm getting Manteca mixed up w palm oil LOL I mean there's really no getting that mixed up. So what about just palm oil? That boosts lather too right? I like to use Crisco. Would Crisco and pine tar produce more lather than Manteca ? Maybe a blend of all 3 just want to use Manteca in some capacity been curious.

No palm does not boost lather. Palm Kernel oil is the one that can replace CO for lather. Palm is from the fruit of the Palm tree and Palm Kernel (PKO) is from the kernel. Lard on it's own does not really add much to lather, tallow actually helps lather more than lard

Manteca does make a nice hard bar, I use it at 50% in my regular soap and love it. In my opinion, its better than palm oil.

Crisco will not give more lather then manteca, you really need coconut or palm kernel for that.

Latest posts

Back