1st attempt at cp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holistichonnies

Reaction score
Ok ok don't laugh! It's a bit of a disaster hahahaha The frosting was perfect tho! The loaf bit isn't setting, I have oil spilling over the top now ... Oh my! I think I didn't mix it properly
But here's the top lol

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410643089.763737.jpg
Iv failed so many times I'm becoming an expert

just reading up on some trouble shooting sites and I defo think I didnt bring the base to full trace so the oils separated ... can you see where the oil has spilled over onto my dish cloth??? :shock:

I should of just rebatched it but i got too excited with the amazing frosting hahaha - i wonder what lies inside tho :oops:

will find out tomorrow :razz:

There is no visual reference outside the soap. It looks like it's a foot wide! Like Jaccart can't wait to see it sliced too.

Haha it's defo not a foot wide. It's still seeping oil tho :( I used quite a lot of olive oil and don't think I brought it to trace properly ... Learnt so much just from my 1st batch haha

Haha it's defo not a foot wide. It's still seeping oil tho :( I used quite a lot of olive oil and don't think I brought it to trace properly ... Learnt so much just from my 1st batch haha

Hey holisitic, here's a good thing though. Take the cheese grater when most of it is hardened tonight and grate into a bowl. Add a few oz of water and put in a crockpot on low, stirring every 15 minutes until creamy mashed potatoes/vaseline. Follow the hot process directions for this stage re-pour and you could have a redeemed batch as of tomorrow.

How long can I leave it till I rebatch? It's now 1.30am here in uk and I'm all soaped out haha

Can I do rebatch in the morning? Does it matter that some oil has come out?

It definintely can wait. As far as extra oils that may not have been saponified, I don't know. They may technically be superfat if not saponified in a rebatch. Better ask the experts that one. (May need more lye solution, dunno dunno)

We will see what state it is in when I wake up ... ... Still super happy with my frosting tho haha

Back