❤️ Reminds me of my grandmother cooking for us 😊

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Daughter

Formerly known as Quasi Quadrant
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This video, this channel, is pure peace ❤️ Reminds me of my grandmother's cooking, of her land, of all the plants I had surrounding me growing up....minus the family drama gong-show😂 I'm sure this family also has their own personal gong-show, as we all do :) Love their videos nonetheless!

The exact recipe measurements aren't given, unfortunately, but I can figure it out. I will be making this on the weekend. Have not been able to find another pide recipe which doesn't use yeast, so I definitely need to sus this out on my own. It looks far more authentic than the yeast-based recipes I have found & probably goes back hundreds of years based on the use of yogurt vs yeast. Either way, I drool 🤤 like a puppy every time I watch it :)

It can be done! And it shall be done! 😁

If any members from Turkey can please chime in, I would be VERY grateful! ❤️

@QuasiQuadrant -thank you for sharing this video!
1. Oh how delightful was this to watch! Beautiful place and people. The animals and nature. 🥰
2. That looks delicious!
3. I’m hooked, this was way better than watching the news as I get ready for work 😉

Have a great day, thank you again 🌸

That's exactly how I felt 😁

I don't do 'news', ever 😂 There's far better stuff to be watching, reading & listening to which gives us joy, hope & happiness ❤️

@QuasiQuadrant Chainbaker has a YouTube channel and website where he makes Pide. He provides the recipe with both a yogurt or yeast option. I have made many of his yeasted breads and they have all been delicious.

OMG THANK YOU! ❤️

I am absolutely dying to make this!

I make bread too, mainly sprouted spelt & honey to avoid white / wheat flour (which does use yeast), but don't always have time. Nothing beats home made bread, or healthy cooking at home!

@QuasiQuadrant Chainbaker has a YouTube channel and website where he makes Pide. He provides the recipe with both a yogurt or yeast option. I have made many of his yeasted breads and they have all been delicious.

I just watched & he is using both yeast & yogurt together, along with egg, which is somewhat different from the grandmother up there 🆙

That said, I can easily modify this to replace the yeast with baking soda, use more yogurt for added moisture & leave the egg out. I LOVE yogurt breads, they are amazing. Hoping that sprouted spelt flour will work for this as that's what I will be trying first, maybe with a little bit of stone ground whole wheat flour which has a lot more body to it. I found this flour this year from a local wheat miller....milner? I don't know what the right word is 😂 Regardless, it's amazing, like the stuff I grew up with :)

Thank you again 😁

Latest posts

Back