Your favorite supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, one point = one penny. So, if you order $79 worth of stuff, then you can get up to 79 cents off your next order. I should have nearly $2.00 off my next order LOL

Yep, I think WSP has the same reward points 1 point for every dollar.
Except with NGC's you can get reward points by writing product reviews on their site & I'm pretty sure that NGC's points don't expire. WSP's expire after a year.

Well, after some thought I am negating any companies that ship FO in plastic bottles. Reason I keep my scent up to two years. So ND and NGC are out. I read reviews on a few more on the Scent Review board. So am still looking at WSP and The Scent Works. I know both are higher priced but reviews are also on better and stronger scent like I am used too.

I am a big one on quality for price. If I have to use more at lower price I am not saving that much. I deal with this issue alot in my other business of pet grooming. Better spend the price to get the better quality that way you are not left hanging on bad equipment.

Wow, it does look like WSP is crazy high $$ for larger amounts of FO (>4oz). Looks like TSW is similar.

As far as strength is concerned, I am curious if some sites have stronger scent concentrations vs. others? I can't tell if WSP is really that strong or not, as I haven't used any other suppliers. I have noticed the first few I've used do fade during cure.

Gads this is time consuming. Seems most companies have moved to the high grade plastic bottles. TSW is using them also. Save on Scents does too unless you buy there exstrem scent which is the strongest. Then they ship in glass. Guess I should save my glass bottles that I have now. LOL I have some 4oz I just bought from BB so I will hold onto those for sure. My other are 1 oz. I still have some left of my fav Herb & mint. I use very little of that for a pound of soap, 1/8 to 1/4 of an ounce.

I have been using that one for a price point. What a differance between companies.

The plastic bottles make your shipping cheaper. Buy a case of glass bottles from SKS to transfer to if you wish. If I get to the point that I need to get a commercial space to do my production in, then I will transfer to glass. But right now, I don't have room for even more bottles than I already do LOL

Personally, EVERY company is going to have stickers and faders. Its trial and error. Even what fades in one person's formula may not in another. I don't like getting screwed, so I avoid the $30 to $50 a pound fragrances. Every scent that I have used from NG has stuck and been awesome.

I actually really love WSP (I know... I know) and got some really great FO's from Daystar recently, my first time using them.

I love sweet cakes and scent works. I actually have never tried ng and nd but i think i will.

I love Daystar too. As for shipping in plastic bottles, I have no problem with this, as yes, it lowers the shipping costs. I have many, many leftover glass and aluminum containers from oils I've used up, and it's easy to just transfer from plastic to glass and then label.

Right now my kitchen smells like a french whore house. :shock: I have 5 bottles out that I have cotton balls in front of to see If I like thier scent after a bit. Way too much floral here. I only like certain florals and these are mixes like Mayan Gold and Red Egyptian and such. I am more of a spice person. Though there are some florals I love like my fressia rose and hyacinth gardenia. My dog even likes that scent. :)

I grew up in South Fl so gardenia is a favorite. But here is is honeysuckle and night blooming jasmine that grows wild on property. But I am still more into scents of spice like allspice, sandalwood ect.

Thoughts are now to buy from BB in 4 oz to get bottles and add some of my Eo I have to them to make a bit stronger. Then I can order other companies with there plastic and move them over to glass. I have alot of soap to make since I have to use the lard me made from butchering a pig here. Freezer full of meat, I had to buy a bigger freezer to fit all the meat since we had half a cow too.

I am thinking of doing alot of soap and passing it out for testing. Since this butchering will be a yearly event here with BIL coming down to live. Then I will be able to sell it at local farmers market.

So having a good source for FO is important to say the least.

The plastic bottles make your shipping cheaper. Buy a case of glass bottles from SKS to transfer to if you wish. If I get to the point that I need to get a commercial space to do my production in, then I will transfer to glass. But right now, I don't have room for even more bottles than I already do LOL

Personally, EVERY company is going to have stickers and faders. Its trial and error. Even what fades in one person's formula may not in another. I don't like getting screwed, so I avoid the $30 to $50 a pound fragrances. Every scent that I have used from NG has stuck and been awesome.

Ok Vanessa you got me stumped here. Who is SKS?
I find the Soap scent review board a big help when buying scents. They have many listed and it all reviews for users so you know what works and what does not. Really helps cut cost that way since I can pick none faders based on those reviews.

I just wish more of these sites would let users post reviews. Some have none, some like WSP I can't figure out HOW to post a review (plus the ones there are >1 year old). NG has reviews, but not very many.

I just wish more of these sites would let users post reviews. Some have none, some like WSP I can't figure out HOW to post a review (plus the ones there are >1 year old). NG has reviews, but not very many.

You have to be a member to do it.
Here is the best all around review board.
http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/index.php

It covers all the companies. I perfer to see reviews a few week after soap is made due to scent fading.

I actually really love WSP (I know... I know) and got some really great FO's from Daystar recently, my first time using them.

So far WSP is not higher in price when I calculate in shipping from other companies. They come out cheaper most time on final total. Are they in glass bottles? I am looking on site but have not found anything on that yet. Just pictures of glass bottles with FO page.

So far WSP is not higher in price when I calculate in shipping from other companies. They come out cheaper most time on final total. Are they in glass bottles? I am looking on site but have not found anything on that yet. Just pictures of glass bottles with FO page.

Yes, they are amber glass bottles.

You have to be a member to do it.
Here is the best all around review board.
http://soapscentreview.obisoap.ca/index.php

It covers all the companies. I perfer to see reviews a few week after soap is made due to scent fading.

You mean their message boards? I just signed up, but I still don't see where I review things. :oops:

Yeah the scent review board is great, still a bit less traveled than I would expect, considering how many folks are on these boards.

Latest posts

Back