WSP Silicone Loaf

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RikRaks

Reaction score
I got my molds today!!! YAY! But they are a lot smaller than I thought. I did not even look at their size, about how much of a batch do they hold?

TIA,

Rik

I figure my batches at 28oz per mold.

IMG_9439.jpg

I get 8 regular sized bars out of each loaf, sometimes seven but that's for really thick bars.

WOW, that soap is super looking!! I have one of these green log molds and I really like mine. I purchased the 12 bar with the scored lines on it and used it yesterday. The soap came out so easily. I think I like the little green loaf mold better though. :)

Thank you!

That reminds me, I pre-ordered one of those 12 bars ones too but that was before they even knew the price. I never got a ship notice. I need to check into that!

I was going to splurge and buy myself two more last night - didn't realize the price went up from $13.95 - I'm not surprised with how well they were received. I knew that low price wouldn't last, and happy that I already have two. The discount if you buy 5 comes out to $15 each. I think I may still place an order - I notice wsp now have karma type from lush... I want it!! :)

RikRaks said:
The went up another 4.00????

No, we're talking about a different tray-type mold.

The price went up on the green molds because their supplier is international. Hopefully, they will be able to reduce it with a better shipping price in the future.

Pretty soap! You guys got me. I ordered a couple. Do you do anything to prepare them before you pour? Does the soap release easily?

NancyRogers said:
Pretty soap! You guys got me. I ordered a couple. Do you do anything to prepare them before you pour? Does the soap release easily?

My soap did not release well at all. It totally stuck to the sides and bottom...so I'll try adding some beeswax or less water next time. I used higher water to soap some new fragrances and that could have been the issue... not sure.

I had a little of and issue with mine being stuck this morning, URGH!!! Needless to say after some massaging on my part she popped out.

Thank you for the compliments!

I don't have much problem getting mine out. I pull the sides away and push up until it releases enough that I can pull from the top. I do ungelled soap so my soap is actually pretty soft at that time still.

I've been thinking about just using a strip of freezer paper in the mold with the ends hanging over so that I have something better to grab on to.

The benefits of the mold is that the sides are so sturdy, but that is also a bit of a negative at times too! I can't imagine going back to lining with freezer paper though.

holly99 said:
Thank you for the compliments!

I don't have much problem getting mine out. I pull the sides away and push up until it releases enough that I can pull from the top. I do ungelled soap so my soap is actually pretty soft at that time still.

I've been thinking about just using a strip of freezer paper in the mold with the ends hanging over so that I have something better to grab on to.

The benefits of the mold is that the sides are so sturdy, but that is also a bit of a negative at times too! I can't imagine going back to lining with freezer paper though.

That's a good idea...just use a strip to help pull it out! I'm going to try that.

Let me know as I probably won't get back to making soap for a little bit.

I just put pictures up in the gallery of the soap that was in the mold.

Do these molds absorb the fragrance from your soap batches? I have a wood mold with silicone liner. The liner pulls away from the soap beautifully, but all of my batches smell the same because they take on the smell of the liner..which has become a blend of all the different fragrances. If these molds stay fragrance free I am willing to try one or two.

I would say they hold onto the fragrance but I don't have any problems from it. It's usually gone by the time I make my next batch.

Anyone knows where can I get them besides WSP? I lived in Asia and they don't ship it to here :( . like to try their red sample size one though.

Back