WSP aggravation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so now I am aggravated. The other day I put an order in my cart but didn't place the order. Since they were short only one thing I wanted, I figured I would wait. I got the email the item was in, went to the website but it was still out of stock. Four days later half my order is out of stock. So now I am out half my order. I usually make small orders but this was a big one so I'm mad. Do they really not keep high stock numbers? or is it just busy season?

I don't know about the stock issues. I do know that WSP ships very quickly which is a good thing. It is their poor customer service and constant changing policies with high prices that drove me away.

Strange, I ordered 2 buckets of coconut oil, and a gallon of avocado oil yesterday, it shipped out today, and it shows that I should have my order by tomorrow at the end of the day! I did have to wait a few days to get the avocado since it was out of stock.

But I love their products and I love their free shipping even more!
Honestly it is not really free shipping. When WSP changed to "free shipping", all of their products soared up in price. It really should be referred to as "shipping included" because there is nothing free about it.

If I fill a basket with equivilant products at another store, it is always still cheaper at WSP.
This is never true for me. I pay twice as much, if not more from WSP. It is a huge price difference and it is still not free shipping. When I used to purchase from WSP before shipping was included in the price, the prices per item were literally half the cost. "Free shipping" is FREE. It does not inflate the price of the products themselves. "Shipping included" does significantly raise the price of the item because the company is adding on shipping. It is good to hear that it works out well for you. Obviously many people feel as you do or else WSP would be out of business.

WSP is where I get a lot of my oils and butters, the shipping on large amounts anywhere else I have looked is killer! Some of their products are higher than other places, but with the constantly rising shipping prices, most of it ends up being quite cheaper. That's been in my case, anyway.

No matter what I am buying I ALWAYS shop around. I am always worried I will miss a good deal. Like a sale or free shipping from any given CO. :) But I especially like to wait until WSP has a sale or coupon on something I need. Then when I look at the prices and add the in my head as I......I know thats what it is, no additional charges. I definetly view it as shipping included. But thats cool with me.

I have a fear of missing a good deal if I need to do shopping online. What if I bought cocoa butter over here.......and over there they had a flash sale for like 25% or 35% off???? EEekkK! Drives me crazy :/

I'm sorry some of you had problems w/WSP. I've had the good fortune to have had no problems with them on orders. My orders arrive
very fast. I've ordered from others that had several day 'lead time', BB being one I remember w/very slow shipping.

@manderin - what are you buying? And who is your usual supplier? Just curious so I might have a look
I don't have a usual supplier for everything. I have several. I do purchase a lot of fos.

I will give you an example. 4 oz of WSP English Tea Rose costs $12.48 with shipping included. Peaks Rose Bouquet costs $7.44 for 4 oz. I am using this scent as an example because they are very similar in nature and because I buy a lot of florals. When I cart 5 nearly identical scents from WSP along with 5 scents from Peaks, the price difference is roughly $12.00 higher at WSP after shipping has been added in at Peaks. WSP is one state away from me, whereas Peaks is clear across the country. There is also a $30 minimum at WSP, so small orders are not possible.

I am glad that others find WSP to work for them. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. I need more bang for my buck.

Last edited:
I don't have a usual supplier for everything. I have several. I do purchase a lot of fos.

I will give you an example. 4 oz of WSP English Tea Rose costs $12.48 with shipping included. Peaks Rose Bouquet costs $7.44 for 4 oz. I am using this scent as an example because they are very similar in nature and because I buy a lot of florals. When I cart 5 nearly identical scents from WSP along with 5 scents from Peaks, the price difference is roughly $12.00 higher at WSP after shipping has been added in at Peaks. WSP is one state away from me, whereas Peaks is clear across the country. There is also a $30 minimum at WSP, so small orders are not possible.

I am glad that others find WSP to work for them. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people. I need more bang for my buck.

I totally get where you are coming from with the FOs. I did notice they really jacked up the cost of the FOs lately, so I probably won't order those there anymore unless I am already ordering. For me, the included cost of shipping has been minimal expense against other suppliers who charge shipping seperate, so it's worth it for me to order from them. I would rather spend a few extra dollars on a product to have it come out less then getting less product and more shipping costs from another supplier.

Back