Fellow enthusiasts, please help me find a strong sweet sugary vanilla.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endlesssearcher

Reaction score
Hi fellow enthusiast, i hope you can help me. I am trying to recreate an oil fragrance that i used to have. Im pretty much all there but i need one last component. I am looking for a very sweet sugary vanilla that is gourmandish. It was very very strong and i remember i could still smell it after a shower and even the next day sometimes. It smelled super sweet out of the bottle and reminded me of vanilla ice cream and it had the function of being the base note for this particular fragrance. The only oil that ever came close that i smelled was yummy vanilla at goldstar fragrances in nyc. The smell was pretty much the same but it didnt have the strength, projection and longevity the old stuff had.

I am really not sure where to look for this. Should i just order every "yummy vanilla" fragrance oil i can find on the internet? Should i be looking around the candle fragrance oil manufacturers and order everything vanilla, since those should not be diluted yet and thus should have that strength and longevity in theory? or should i look at the arabic oils? Maybe Etsy? I"m really at an end here. Where does one find these super strong and longevity fragrance oils? Thank you for your help!

Have you tried Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses FO? I learned about this from @IrishLass, who describes it as smelling like sweetened condensed milk.
Is Daystar even still in business? The last newsletter I got from them was in October 2022 and their website seems to no longer exist.

Oh rats! I haven't had to order anything from them in a while, so I wasn't aware.
I wonder has anyone been able to order from Daystar in the past few years? They had some of my favorite/best FOs. I'd be hard pressed to find replacements. I'm glad I stocked up when they were still open, but will run out eventually.

It seems her personal FB account is still active and current, but nothing on the Daystar FB page since 2015, although I know the store site has been available after that.

Latest posts

Back