Where to get baking soda?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samirish

Reaction score
So I order from soapers choice for all my soapmaking oils. Im getting into bath bombs now and have been buying baking soda and citric acid and my local grocery store but the quantities are small.

Where do you buy large quantities of baking soda and citric acid? I tried soapers choice but unfortunately I dont see those items listed.

Thanks guys!

Go to the local feed store (co-op type, not Tractor Supply or such) for the baking soda. Ask for sodium bicarbonate. I buy 50lb bags around $20. I don't do bath bombs, but use the baking soda for my goats & I use it to wash my hair with.

You can also get big bags of baking soda at Costco. 13 lbs for about $7-$8 I think. That's more expensive than what jcatblum recommends, but might be reasonable depending on how much you want.

I get my sodium bicarbonate from WSP and my citric acid from Lotion Crafters. I think I paid $4.50 for 5 lb of sodium bicarbonate, and $5.50 for 2 lb of citric acid.

Michael

Latest posts

Back