When a hotel provides complimentary ear plugs....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I would never have thought I'd end up in a place where the noise level was unbearable from 9 am to 6 pm! I mean unbearable to the point of taking headache tablets (to no avail) and sitting out in the hallway on the floor for hours to get away from the noise that reverberates in the exterior wall facing the pools.

My husband apparently had read reviews about the noise level but made the reservation anyway. I guess reading a review is not the same as experiencing it. He was really surprised when I brought him the complimentary ear plugs, though. Sadly, however, not even the ear plugs drown out the noise.

This would be perfect if we were the type of folks who love to party all day at the pool with extremely loud music. We could sit or dance by the pool, drink all day long and then sleep it off at night, or continue the partying elsewhere on the Las Vegas Strip, I suppose.

Today the noise started at exactly 9:00 am right on cue (same as yesterday, but I didn't realize yesterday it was apparently like clockwork.) Not until we returned from breakfast did I discover that the obnoxiously loud and steady beat from the Flamingo next door vibrates the exterior wall of our room. Sitting on the couch to use my computer and placing my hand on the wall, the vibrations keep up with the constant beat. My headache has returned. At least I was able to sleep from 7 pm to 9 am (guess I was exhausted from all that noise and the travel, too.) But now I am faced with another full day of this noise, unless we flee the unit and find somewhere quieter.

All the rooms here overlook the pools, so there is not getting away from the noise. Even the guest lounges (there are two) overlook the pool with large windows, and are just as noisy as the rooms. I searched the property for a quiet space to sit with my tablet yesterday and the only spot was the hallway outside the rooms, as it does not face the pools, but of course there is no seating or comfortable accommodations so I brought two pillows and sat on the floor while I played games on my tablet for two hours. Somehow, my husband was able to take a nap in spite of all the noise, but I don't know how!

Today we will have to find something to do. He flies back home at zero-dark-thirty tomorrow, and I depart for Texas via auto. You can bet I won't be staying beyond the 9 am built-in Pool Music Alarm Clock.

Oh that sucks! There's nothing worse than noisy, impolite revelry when you're trying to get some peace and quiet.

Whenever we stay in Vegas, which we do once a year (it's an overnight stop on our 14 hour trek along the way to our annual vacation spot in the Sierra Nevada Mtns.), we always stay at the Hampton Inn Las Vegas/ Summerlin. We like it for it's quietness, closeness to the freeway, complimentary breakfast in the morning and complimentary fresh-baked cookies at night! It's close enough to the Strip to be able to get there within 10- 15 minutes drive-time if you want to visit it, but tucked far enough from the maddening crowd in a quiet neighborhood of medical buildings, the type of which are normally empty on the weekends. It's so quiet there that either most revelers don't know it exists, or if they do, it's just too quiet for them to be comfortable. lol

IrishLass :)

You poor thing!
I don't know if you will ever return but we stayed at Marriott's Grand Chateau which is very close to the strip, within 2 mins walking distance, but amazingly quiet. It seems to be young family orientated or older couples. No poker machines. It can be picked up at great prices, too.
I can't tolerate noise at all, it seems!

Latest posts

Back