What's rosehip oils best for?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Non-greasy oil, high in linoleic and linolenic fatty acids which means short shelf life, it needs to be refrigerated. Great as anti oxidant and for wrinkles.

Last edited:
What the others are saying -- it's especially good for dry or mature skin. It might not be the best, however, if you have acne, very oily skin, or sensitive skin. I don't use it more than 20% in a blend because it feels overly greasy and goopy on my face when I go higher, but YMMV.

It does have a short shelf life and should be refrigerated. Even in the fridge, it will eventually go rancid. If it smells off, I would toss it rather than use it.

I also love it in a facial oil blend, and use it as 1/3 Rosehip Seed, 1/3 Olive Squaline, and 1/3 Argan oil. This (or slight variation of) has been my facial "moisturizer" for a few years now and I feel has kept my skin in great shape. I apply it after washing my face, so that the skin is still slightly damp.

I used to get acne on my face, but that stopped when I switched to this after many years of using Oil of Olay.

Please patch test to make sure you have no allergies. Evening Primrose sent me to emergency. Anything you use that is out of the normal should be tested before use. Inside the elbow is a good place

When people talk about using "argon" oil on their skin, the geek in me conjures up an old movie scene of someone padding around in the buff (nicely fig-leafed of course) lit by a flickering old neon light. A whiskey-and-cigarettes voice in the background is saying, "Oh, dahlink, you are sooo irresistable!"

Argon is an inert gas sometimes used in neon lights to make a lavender color.
Some cool pictures of neon signs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_sign

Argan is an oil harvested from a tree that grows in Morocco.
More about argan oil and the tree it comes from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argania

Latest posts

Back