What to do?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreams

Reaction score
Hello to all..What would I put this under refined olive oil but has extra virgin iol alsošŸ¤”thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_143808223.jpg
    IMG_20210503_143808223.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210503_144113229.jpg
    IMG_20210503_144113229.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 9
The difference between olive oil and olive oil pomace is negligible and should be within the margin of error, tolerance-wise.

That said this article states that "refined" olive oil is just a refined virgin olive oil. And there's no difference on that lye calc for refined, virgin, and extra virgin olive oils. The only difference is between pomace and not-pomace olive oils. So I would pick "olive oil" and run with it that way.

The difference between olive oil and olive oil pomace is negligible and should be within the margin of error, tolerance-wise.

That said this article states that "refined" olive oil is just a refined virgin olive oil. And there's no difference on that lye calc for refined, virgin, and extra virgin olive oils. The only difference is between pomace and not-pomace olive oils. So I would pick "olive oil" and run with it that way.
Thank you..

Came back to add... I was just able to check and I have the exact same GV olive oil in my cupboard for soaping. So, yeah, I DO just pick the not-pomace option for this and run with it. No issues so far.

=D

Came back to add... I was just able to check and I have the exact same GV olive oil in my cupboard for soaping. So, yeah, I DO just pick the not-pomace option for this and run with it. No issues so far.

=D
Thank you... Used to infuse dandelions a few weeks ago and went to use it today to make a non related batch of soap since my mold came and I just happened to see both listed and was hoping not to have to break it down..some times I over think somethings..thanks for the helpšŸ‘šŸ˜Š

Latest posts

Back