What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a batch of Cucumber MInt soap yesterday. I'll be cutting it once I'm coffee'd up.

Attachments

• Cucumber Mint42223.png
    Cucumber Mint42223.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I don't make soap but last night I was watching soap TV channel with my 13 yo son and he wants to make soap. He now knows the difference between CP and MP and knows a few suppliers and even thought we need to buy utensils from the dollar store. I'm buying him an MP kit. He was very attentive watching the videos. he never pays this much attention to anything other then his video games. I'm excited to have found something that he is interested in other than his video games. Thank you girls. If it wasn't for this wonderful forum and your awesome creations I wouldn't have gained interest in soap.
There’s a soap channel? Is this on cable or YouTube or? Thank you

Well, @scmorgans I, too, made goats milk soap. First time ever. I have only ever made vegan soap ( but I am not vegan myself) so i have never attempted using goats milk before. I made a batch using my standard recipe ( which i usually adjust with different additives such as aloe juice, rice water, coconut milk or oat milk). I want to see whether goats milk really is superior, or if it's just label appeal. We shall see....
Oh - and they are PLAIN - no tulips or cheesecake or nuthin'.
KiwiMoose - how did your GM soap turn out??!! Plain is fine! I normally stick to regular bar soap. It tends to sell better. Fancy soaps sell but, everyday soap sells better!
Well, @scmorgans I, too, made goats milk soap. First time ever. I have only ever made vegan soap ( but I am not vegan myself) so i have never attempted using goats milk before. I made a batch using my standard recipe ( which i usually adjust with different additives such as aloe juice, rice water, coconut milk or oat milk). I want to see whether goats milk really is superior, or if it's just label appeal. We shall see....
Oh - and they are PLAIN - no tulips or cheesecake or nuthin'.
Blueberry Cheesecake unmolded.

Attachments

• 4-22-2023 Blueberry Cheese cake unmolded.jpg
    4-22-2023 Blueberry Cheese cake unmolded.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 0
I had fun putting together boxes of reject bath bombs (perfectly good but not what I would sell) for my nieces and nephews with kids that would like them (my bath bomb aged grandson has a lifetime supply already…). Of course it would have been cheaper to just throw them out rather than paying for the postage but my nieces and nephews all responded that they would be very appreciative of the “bath time distraction.” 😊👍
I also found this hilarious illustration of a toddler in a bath with a random goat that seems to be supervising. I made cards with it to go with the bath bombs (the photo is licensed so I’m showing the watermarked version). Anyhoo I thought you all would get a kick out of it. 🐐🛁

667517CB-4473-4185-8948-E55E31C0D5E3.jpeg

038172D5-A876-4B36-8E93-988CD099B739.jpeg

I actually made another pop bottle pour 2 days ago then cut them yesterday. Not great pictures because my dogs were upstairs barking their faces off and I had to go see what was happening, then forgot to take better pics. LOL. I keep telling myself I need to take better pics ugh

Here are the cuts. I added the photo inspiration as well.

Attachments

• pic of pop bottle pour.2.JPG
    pic of pop bottle pour.2.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 0
  • inspiration photo for pop bottle pour - April 2023.PNG
    inspiration photo for pop bottle pour - April 2023.PNG
    673.3 KB · Views: 0
  • pic of pop bottle pour.jpg
    pic of pop bottle pour.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 0
A little more of the rose clay and it would have been meat soap! I feel like I dodged a bullet. Calling this one wild rose, it’s got rosewood, vetiver, petitgrain, clary sage, litsea and cedarwood EOs. It was supposed to be drop swirl, but that didn’t work out, so I hanger swirled it.
28113BDA-3E93-461E-BB47-8D894AF1CB08.jpeg

I made mojito soap tonight, and I had no idea what design I was going to do until I actually started making it. I used peppermint, lime, litsea and tangerine essential oils, I used spirulina and a little bentonite clay for color. I was going to hanger swirl, but it seems like I’ve been doing that a lot, so I did a gradient pour instead. I’ll share the cut in a couple of days!

We cut the soap my 10 yr old grandson designed and we made together. We laughed at all the different expressions the cardinal was making. The wire slipped one time while he was cutting so there is a bump on one, we laughed at that too. He had so much fun making and cutting these!
I may have screwed up though.... by telling him he's old enough to use my scroll saw and make a puzzle and he's really excited about that now. 20230423_151540.jpg

I made mojito soap tonight, and I had no idea what design I was going to do until I actually started making it. I used peppermint, lime, litsea and tangerine essential oils, I used spirulina and a little bentonite clay for color. I was going to hanger swirl, but it seems like I’ve been doing that a lot, so I did a gradient pour instead. I’ll share the cut in a couple of days!
That sounds like a fantastic EO blend!

I finally did a soapy thing today - more than just thinking about doing a soapy thing. I made a batch of soap today with NS Cottongrass, and I’m so happy I read some reviews here that are contrary to the testing notes from NS. It did accelerate some on me so my swirl isn’t as swirly as I had wanted. I was probably being a bit stubborn on wanting to swirl it….. it does smell really nice so far 🌸

Had quite a hectic soaping day!
Started an attempt at a scraped soap - the soap wouldn't set, the scrapers were moving - what a mess. Ended up throwing the batter into a loaf and taking a nap.
Then started a second attempt - much better, but still not working - not even a descent indication of the intended design.
Nevertheless, ended up with 4 lovely smelling soaps - even though they are all just blue from the first batch. The second attempt produced 2 blue and brown splatchy loaves, that I cut into soap bars. Not what I planned, but acceptable nevertheless. Will post photos tomorrow.

Well, I managed to make 3 batches today 😁
One is an Aleppo variation with OO, LBO, PKO.
One had OO, Coconut Oil, PKO, Castor Oil with some Bentonite clay.
And the 3rd one was my fancy schmancy soap with OO, Coconut Oil, PKO, SB, Castor Oil, French green clay, and a blend of EOs (lemongrass, sage, vanilla, jasmine).
They all smell good and I can't wait for them to cure!

Latest posts

Back