What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, where have you been all my life? I'm in my 50s and just now meeting you?! Oh, the missed decades!
PEOPLE! This stuff is the s---! I decided to make a special lotion bar for Mrs. Zing's Christmas -- 1/3 each of white beeswax, shea, and my new best friend that I wish I could fill a tub with and bathe in, meadowfoam seed oil. I think she'll like it. Must. Wrap. Now. And. Not. Touch.

@The_Emerald_Chicken , that's 2 of each for me. You do remember we're coworkers, right? Top floor, corner office?
Right? It’s my favorite oil for lotion bars and whipped body butter. So light and absorbs quickly.

Re: carrot seed oil, I cover up the smell with a few drops of skin-loving EOs.

When I first began using it, it was around the same time that I discovered how to make a simple hyaluronic acid serum. Will share my simple recipe if anyone interested.

Anyway, after 2 weeks of using the HA serum and the carrot seed oil, my skin looked better than it had in decades. Dark spots were lightened, fine lines seemed to be gone, and there was a freshness that I hadn’t seen for a long time.

Then we moved to Texas. Even now, almost two years after leaving the Sauna State, my skin still hasn’t forgiven me. I think it was a combo of the heat, humidity, and scary amount of hair products needed to keep my hair from looking like a Brillo pad.

@Misschief if you care to share where you purchased your mask recipe, maybe that’s what I need to finally coax my skin back to it’s pre-Texas state.

Last edited:
Re: carrot seed oil, I cover up the smell with a few drops of skin-loving EOs.

When I first began using it, it was around the same time that I discovered how to make a simple hyaluronic acid serum. Will share my simple recipe if anyone interested.

Anyway, after 2 weeks of using the HA serum and the carrot seed oil, my skin looked better than it had in decades. Dark spots were lightened, fine lines seemed to be gone, and there was a freshness that I hadn’t seen for a long time.

Then we moved to Texas. Even now, almost two years after leaving the Sauna State, my skin still hasn’t forgiven. I think it was a combo of the humidity plus the scary amount of hair products needed to keep my hair from looking like a Brillo pad.

@Misschief if you care to share where you purchased your mask recipe, maybe that’s what I need to finally coax my skin back to it’s pre-Texas state.

I bought it from DIY Bath & Body on Etsy. I've been making, using, and selling it for 2 years now and am gaining a following. I'm getting repeat customers for this one.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/463...le-mud-cleanser?ref=shop_home_active_10&crt=1

One of the PAs at work was buying some soap for last minute xmas gifts tonight. The Doc over heard, and wanted some soap. She got more freaked out over the lard than the lye on the ingredient label lol. Literally dropped a shrink wrapped and labeled bar on the floor...denting it. I guess its my bar now.

I asked her...do you use Dove soap? She says thats ALL she uses. Ok....they use tallowate, another word for beef tallow. “Omg, im vegan!” She says. So i have an order for vegan bars now lol. All have ready NOW are my triple butter bars. I really wanted them to cure longer....they are about 2.5 months old right now. But they are still nice. I guess i can part with one for now.

Real soapy thing... i unmolded two loaves of soap. I should have planned better. Both batches are meant to be slant soaps. So i need to cut one diagonally, to make two separate loaves. Basically I need 2 molds for each one. I need 4 molds, and i only have two. And i got home from work too late to do the second half of either one. Im sure its fine. Just gotta do at least one tomorrow,
What an interesting response. As a recovering vegan myself I’m kind of on a mission to (re-) normalize the use of lard and tallow.

Rats, the secret is out!! Yes, this stuff is ahhhh-mazing. Due to cost, I hoard mine and only make products with it for people I REALLY like. 😁

Yes, ma'am, you most certainly do. I like MFSO better than argan, which is saying a lot, bc I love argan!

Those colors are perfect for that scent and name, and those swirls look great!

I read something about this oil a while back but only bought it recently. I actually just start making lotion bars so will have to try this! Thanks!

I entered my 5th try at the Lollipop Swirl to the SoapChallengeClub. This wasn't my favorite, but it turned out the best. The scent, "Green Irish Tweed" from Elements Bath & Body, actually slowed my trace, so I could finally get a good lollipop swirl.
Those are gorgeous! I've made a few with my pvc pipe but I don't particularly working with it - it's black for 1 thing so it's kind of hard to see what you're doing. I just received a proper silicone tube mold so will definitely be putting it to the test after the holidays!

Those are gorgeous! I've made a few with my pvc pipe but I don't particularly working with it - it's black for 1 thing so it's kind of hard to see what you're doing. I just received a proper silicone tube mold so will definitely be putting it to the test after the holidays!
Ive started wearing a headlamp w my pvc mold.

Besides the facial mask/masque recipe you recommended, I purchased the solid shampoo bar and conditioner bar recipes. Yes, there are many such recipes out there for free. But I liked her ingredient lists, and her track record of all positive reviews.
Those are two of my best selling products. I can barely keep them in stock.

What a great idea! Yet another thing to steal borrow repurpose from my husband's workbench!
My soap shop is currently closed for remodeling. 😆

Attachments

• D078DF62-2707-47E8-8E53-1DA09BE439C2.jpeg
    D078DF62-2707-47E8-8E53-1DA09BE439C2.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 32
Besides the facial mask/masque recipe you recommended, I purchased the solid shampoo bar and conditioner bar recipes. Yes, there are many such recipes out there for free. But I liked her ingredient lists, and her track record of all positive reviews.
What do you mean you purchased recipes? Can that be done here? Is this a feature on SMF I'm just not aware of?

Latest posts

Back