What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made the embeds for my Easter Soap I'm planning!
12716176_10156549065155646_62716172952003797_o.jpg

Soap Cake

I finished this one and I'm in love. It was a hard one but so much fun.

Strawberry cake with chocolate frosting.

strawberry-cake-with-chocolate-frosting-cake-handmade-artisan-soap

Tried out the bath teas and tea bags from WSP. I really like the Cold Remedy one - very refreshing. My iron was in shock that I pulled it out the cabinet where it's sat lonely and unused since we moved here five years ago.

Made a 956 gram batch of Sodium Citrate from Citric Acid and Baking soda. Then gave up on getting anything else done for the day because my older teen (Uncle) "needed":

1. A haircut
2. His whites done
3. His tv remote found
4. "If you are not going to fix my lunch because I have to stay independent ... how about you run to the store (in a snowstorm) and get me some soup to go with my sandwich"?

I've heard that folks just a lil south of where I live use the saying "Bless his heart" to acknowledge that someone is just a lil touched/special/crazy ... with that in mind, "bless his heart". lol

I unmolded the CP Easter Egg embeds, which are scented with Aztec's Hyacinth, The main soap will be scented with a blend of FO's that have Lilac in them. I'll be making the soap either tomorrow, or Friday.
12715876_10156552134055646_5848841163245719207_o.jpg

Been too busy trying to do some early planting while we're in this warm spell which ends the end of this week; but I did unpack my WS order. My new Bud, single wire cutter arrived and I got that unpacked as well. Hopefully I'll get to make soap after I get these few days of planting done.

I've heard that folks just a lil south of where I live use the saying "Bless his heart" to acknowledge that someone is just a lil touched/special/crazy ... with that in mind, "bless his heart". lol

BOYS! Unfortunately they don't get much better until they are 25 or 26 [emoji33] (if they are anything like mine!)

Last edited:
I unmolded the CP Easter Egg embeds, which are scented with Aztec's Hyacinth, The main soap will be scented with a blend of FO's that have Lilac in them. I'll be making the soap either tomorrow, or Friday.
12715876_10156552134055646_5848841163245719207_o.jpg

Totally adorable!

I ordered my bud cutter today and am deciding on a new mold...time to upgrade to the big girls wood mold finally. So far I like Nurture's molds best.

Tax return is working overtime today!

I started my spreadsheets to track cost and am working on what my core product line will be. I've been out of work since December with a concussion from a car accident, and now with post concussion syndrome I am no where near where I was before the accident yet but accomplishing the smallest of things is huge for me right now. :)

Latest posts

Back