What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut my goat milk rebatch. The lemongrass and goji berry is lovely - smooth, creamy, and delicately scented and coloured... the vanilla and cocoa nib that I had to beat into submission is crumbly and not smooth at all. Oh well, I'll add it to my bowl of "failures" by the bathroom sink for hand washing use :D

I'm excited! I read on a different forum about a soaper making soap using breast milk as gifts for the mothers. I finally coerced my friend into giving up some old milk that she had in the freezer from May. She wouldn't be feeding it to her baby, so why waste it?? I had to thaw it out in the fridge overnight to weigh it, but it's back in the freezer now with .15 oz of distiller water to make up the needed difference. I'm going to make a very simple highly conditioning bar with 85% lard, 15% Shea and 5% castor. I'll add the sodium citrate to cut down on scum, but I'm going to leave out the usual sodium lactate and tussah silk. I want this to be as plain and mild as possible. I am very stoked about seeing how this turns out. I'll do it this weekend and give it an extra long cure. I'll probably give the batch to her around Valentine's Day. By then she will have totally forgotten about it, and hopefully gotten over the "ick" factor. I don't get Americans and their weird phobias, it's OK to have a see through blouse on and no bra, but when it comes to breasts and nursing OH MY GOSH!! Put those things away!! There are children present!! It's OK to have sex with strangers, but not to nurse another person's child: ewwww! Body fluids!!

OK. I'm done now. Can't wait to get soaping this weekend and see how this turns out. I may offer it as a free or very low-cost service to moms looking for a unique way to bond with their children when I start selling. (A million years down the road.)

My biggest batch ever - almost 10 lbs. I made two logs, two colors each, one lavender, one peppermint scented. No soap demons at my house today, the batter stayed nice and fluid :) The logs are in the oven now, hopefully I can cut late in the evening!

I'm excited! I read on a different forum about a soaper making soap using breast milk as gifts for the mothers. I finally coerced my friend into giving up some old milk that she had in the freezer from May. She wouldn't be feeding it to her baby, so why waste it?? I had to thaw it out in the fridge overnight to weigh it, but it's back in the freezer now with .15 oz of distiller water to make up the needed difference. I'm going to make a very simple highly conditioning bar with 85% lard, 15% Shea and 5% castor. I'll add the sodium citrate to cut down on scum, but I'm going to leave out the usual sodium lactate and tussah silk. I want this to be as plain and mild as possible. I am very stoked about seeing how this turns out. I'll do it this weekend and give it an extra long cure. I'll probably give the batch to her around Valentine's Day. By then she will have totally forgotten about it, and hopefully gotten over the "ick" factor. I don't get Americans and their weird phobias, it's OK to have a see through blouse on and no bra, but when it comes to breasts and nursing OH MY GOSH!! Put those things away!! There are children present!! It's OK to have sex with strangers, but not to nurse another person's child: ewwww! Body fluids!!

OK. I'm done now. Can't wait to get soaping this weekend and see how this turns out. I may offer it as a free or very low-cost service to moms looking for a unique way to bond with their children when I start selling. (A million years down the road.)
I think that's an incredible and wonderful gift idea but then again, I'm a soaper and also saw someone selling breast milk soap on Craigslist once years ago that were custom made but the people didn't like. Thought it was really weird then!

Kinda want to do this for my cousin but I highly doubt she would ever go for it.

I made another perfect batch of Castile Soap (the real castile). No fragrance or colour - just Honey and OO.

It's about my 5th batch of this recipe and no one at home cares but I thought all of you would understand how fantastic it is when you finally get a recipe right and it is a breeze to make!

I did this with my own milk after my last was done nursing. I had extra and didn't want to waste it. I use it all the time, but I know most of my friends cringe when I tell them about it. Its not for everyone.

Opened up a box of new EOs and FOs from Bramble Berry! Spearmint and Eucalyptus EOs, plus Salty Mariner, Spiced Amber Ale, Espresso, and Blackberry Sage. squeeee squeeeeeEEEEE SQUEEEEE

I did this with my own milk after my last was done nursing. I had extra and didn't want to waste it. I use it all the time, but I know most of my friends cringe when I tell them about it. Its not for everyone.

Interestingly, I mentioned this to my son's (what do I call her???? they just had a baby together and want to marry but can't because the drama llama won't sign the divorce papers) lady/girlfriend/fiance/love of his life, and she didn't bat an eyelash... thought it was a great idea and she's heard of it before. She even told me that some body builders will pay up to $30/oz. for breast milk. (She's considering donating to a breast milk bank.)

Interestingly, I mentioned this to my son's (what do I call her???? they just had a baby together and want to marry but can't because the drama llama won't sign the divorce papers) lady/girlfriend/fiance/love of his life, and she didn't bat an eyelash... thought it was a great idea and she's heard of it before. She even told me that some body builders will pay up to $30/oz. for breast milk. (She's considering donating to a breast milk bank.)

"Partner" is good [emoji2][emoji41]

My wife and I are attending our first local sale together. Some of her pottery and lotion bars, my soap and aftershave. I spent a lot of time yesterday getting things ready for that.

I just made another batch of beer soap, this time with an oatmeal stout called Sweater Weather. I added colloidal oatmeal to one part and ground hops to the second part, and scented with vetiver and lavender.

Sweater Weather1.jpg

I sent a private message to someone on the forum I haven't seen involved in the forum for some time. I made her winter soap with soy wax and used it today for the first time and love it. Wanted to thank her and send my best wishes for the holiday season.

My wife and I are attending our first local sale together. Some of her pottery and lotion bars, my soap and aftershave. I spent a lot of time yesterday getting things ready for that.

Good Luck!!

Weighed out the hard oils to give the December challenge a try. Then got side tracked and ran out of time, since I'm not sure how long this will take and I don't want to be babysitting soap after midnight. Will do it tomorrow, and in the meantime will be eating chocolate which is supposed to go in Christmas cookies.

Picked up some Caustic Soda from Masters since the Bunnings I went to was out of stock. Bonus! Because bunnings was about 30 cents cheaper i got 10% off AND they had 10% off storewide on top of that...I stocked up!

Latest posts

Back