What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A
I'm never secretive. BB has Peach Bellini????? OMG I didn't see it! Now I have to buy it. Dang it! LOL. This one's Peach Fragrance Oil from BB. Comparing it to the fail of NG's, it's a lot better than that. It's not going to be as good as B&BW, but daughter and I will be happy with it for now.

And I was pretty tickled that the batter behaved so I could decorate. I WAS into cake decorating before the fibro hit hard so being able to do it with soap now..and NOT spend all that time making the icing (making soap batter takes about 1/4 the time).

Hog heaven, ladies, I tell you.

I've thought about adding it the last two orders I've placed and each time I forget till after I already hit "place order". Next time I am so getting it!

Edit to add - it is a beautiful loaf! Pretty enough to eat!

Last edited:
I made soap....red and tan with a blue top.... Hope it turns out like what's in my head.... ImageUploadedBySoap Making1431746940.782904.jpg

It's a little dark in the pic but I'll post a better pic when I cut it

I froze buttermilk. Oh, and bought Sweet Almond Oil. That's as soapy as I got today. Yesterday, actually. It's after midnight and I must go to sleep. I have frozen buttermilk and sweet almond oil to play with in the morning.

I froze buttermilk.

hehehe. Me too. Been awhile and getting back into soaping. I was going to make salt soap with 100% coconut milk. Got the milk in the freezer, the salt bought and measured out. Then appendicitis struck. Now I'm just chilling as i recover and longingly looking at my soap mold. I thought I'd give it a shot yesterday but it was a bit too soon. Maybe a few more days and I can move more comfortably again...So now I'm lurking here!

hehehe. Me too. Been awhile and getting back into soaping. I was going to make salt soap with 100% coconut milk. Got the milk in the freezer, the salt bought and measured out. Then appendicitis struck. Now I'm just chilling as i recover and longingly looking at my soap mold. I thought I'd give it a shot yesterday but it was a bit too soon. Maybe a few more days and I can move more comfortably again...So now I'm lurking here!

Feel better soon! I went through that about 6 months ago....I feel your pain...get lots of rest!

I got the cart from Amazon.com. It's called: Seville Classics 6-Drawer Organizer Cart, Frosted White. It was $39.99 with free shipping. In fact, I like it so much I ordered another one last night!

I have to let you know that I ordered one of these and I absolutely love it! I put all of my specialty molds in there. It's wonderful being able to have all of them in one place, so there will be no frantic wondering, "Now where did I put that?" when it comes time for soaping. And like you, I'm enjoying it so much, that I'm thinking of getting another one. I love that it's on wheels, that makes it even more convenient. Thanks so much for sharing this.

blow-kiss.gif

Dana, It's hard to tell from the picture... Did you use the hanger in the opposite direction of the layers?

No I just used a chopstick. That is how all the videos I watched did the Mantra swirl. Looking back at them I think my batter was too thick, it just did not have that fluidity that you get when doing swirls.
ETA- Yes I put the 3 layers side by side in loaf mold and then used the chopstick all the way to the bottom and across about every quarter to half an inch.

Last edited:

Oh, dear! That's horrible. I'm so sorry you went through that. Get better soon. Sending happy healing vibes your way. ❤️❤️

I'm never secretive. BB has Peach Bellini????? OMG I didn't see it! Now I have to buy it. Dang it! LOL. This one's Peach Fragrance Oil from BB. Comparing it to the fail of NG's, it's a lot better than that. It's not going to be as good as B&BW, but daughter and I will be happy with it for now.

And I was pretty tickled that the batter behaved so I could decorate. I WAS into cake decorating before the fibro hit hard so being able to do it with soap now..and NOT spend all that time making the icing (making soap batter takes about 1/4 the time).

Hog heaven, ladies, I tell you.

Well shoot - I just realized it's grapefruit Bellini, not peach. It has peach nectar notes in it, that's why I thought it was peach. Dang it!

I made my first ever buttermilk soap. It is a lovely brown color. It lathers well and feels great. I also unmolded the Castile-ish soap I made Thursday. It is a pale yellow color. When I first unmolded it, I thought it was a pretty color. Sitting next to my buttermilk soap, it's kind of sickly looking. Can you tell which is which? ImageUploadedBySoap Making1431832283.881568.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1431832295.832828.jpg

I cut one of my soaps today. Turned out...not so great...purple and pink were too close in color:( but it smells wonderful!

Still waiting to unmold my "inspire me" thread soap. Very hopeful there.

And made a clove and cedarwood men's soap that smells divine...and looks completely edible.

Oh I also did a color test batch of soap because I ordered a BUNCH of Micas, oxides, and ultramarines so testing for colorfastness...

And I went to work...he he he

It's okay Jules, I missed that one too. Daughter and I favor ths fruit scents so I'll have to justify getting that one too somehow. Right now I have NG's Ruby Red Grapefruit in the cabinet. The test batch of that came out pretty good so we got more, just haven't gotten to playing with it yet.

I can't imagine 9 soaps in one day @shunt.....I can do one 4 lb and be done for. I'm fragile though. I am looking into masterbatching but not quite ready yet. My spiky little tiara tips to you dearie!

I unmolded this tallow lard bar, made in my Kelsei slab mold. The FO was a bit of a racehorse, which surprised me, as I'd soaped with it before and it wasn't - gremlins? So the delicate swirl I envisioned turned into a wha-bam-plop-drop and a spoon swirl. The colors came out better than I'd hoped, though!!

That totally works and looks amazing.
I threaded two large straws on a metal hanger to make a thicker hanger tool. And I umolded and cut my first cpop with no TD in the base color- and it's translucent almost like melt and pour?! And greasy.
It was a semi-new recipe and a new FO- Acqua Di Gio from NG.

I failed on a new variation to my bath bomb recipe. Using Mango Butter instead of Cocoa Butter totally killed my bubbles, but it did prolong the fizz. With a little Poly 80, the water feels like I plopped in the world's biggest bath truffle. So I'm going to remove the SLSa from the recipe and mold these smaller with some epsom salts and, voila, new truffle recipe.

I'm working on a summer weight lotion recipe... I've been over thinking it and just need to get into the kitchen to make some!

Soooo That old saying 'soap on a stick'

I wanted to make a soap for fun today. No big deal. Used my lard recipe. Soaped around 90. I little hotter than I normally do, but not a big deal.

I wanted to do a test of the Blackberry Sage by Nurture Soap. I got them right as they were released so there was not much info on them....

Well... lets just say when I went to dump my green mica in after I got to trace... the color just sat on top of the hardening soap. It went into my nearby crockpot and got it to the point that I could stir it.... and shoved it into a mold. But I think it is going to look like it is MOLDING not molded. Arh!

Just went to Nurture's site. The FO is updated and suggested to not be used in CP. It does not stick well, is a heater and an accelerator.

Sigh.... Well it will be good in a lotion. Ha! :)

Soooo That old saying 'soap on a stick'

I wanted to make a soap for fun today. No big deal. Used my lard recipe. Soaped around 90. I little hotter than I normally do, but not a big deal.

I wanted to do a test of the Blackberry Sage by Nurture Soap. I got them right as they were released so there was not much info on them....

Well... lets just say when I went to dump my green mica in after I got to trace... the color just sat on top of the hardening soap. It went into my nearby crockpot and got it to the point that I could stir it.... and shoved it into a mold. But I think it is going to look like it is MOLDING not molded. Arh!

Just went to Nurture's site. The FO is updated and suggested to not be used in CP. It does not stick well, is a heater and an accelerator.

Sigh.... Well it will be good in a lotion. Ha! :)

Thanks for posting this. I was eyeing that FO as one of my next ones to soap. It looks like I'll save it for B&B.

Back