What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks cmzaha . I'm new to soaping so I had no idea you could do that or even how. But the soap was so thick and it was setting like a cheesecake/pudding texture, even thicker than that. I threw it out

Here's the pic

1411021845106.jpg

Well, I finally put to good use the silicone sea shell mold I made out of my sea shell collection. I also put to good use my new VanYulay ball-bearing/sprinkle mold as you can see from the soap 'pearls':

IMG_2452SaltySeaShells640.JPG

It's scented with Salty Sailor from Daystar (one of my favorite 'staple' FOs).

IrishLass :)

Last edited:
What soapy thing did I do today???

I got mad. I got rebellious. I got my soapattitude on, that's what I did!

This never-ending 2 week renovation is headed toward...FOUR months. With partially installed cabinets with painter's tape for handles, loose counter tops and piles of equipment (sitting unused for days at a time, I might add) I SHOVED their stuff into piles on the floor, cleared off some counter space and MADE SOAP!!

Moved the kitchen table/chairs back in too. When they decide to come back for the painting and molding, they'll have to move it again...and that's just their tough toasties!!

And...I liked it! :twisted: Might just make more tomorrow!!!

Just dug through a surprise box of sample fo's a fellow soap forum member shared with me, I am so flipping excited!

One of the greatest gifts of this hobby is the amazing people you get to meet! :D

Just unmolded, cut, beveled, and stamped this:

IMG_2460HolidaySparkleCroppedResized640.JPG

It's scented with Peak's Holiday Sparkle- a Christmas scent which smells awesome, by the way. It was a sample, but I like it so much that I am sorely tempted to buy a bigger bottle of it! The stamp was an afterthought. I hadn't planned on stamping it, but since I concentrated so much on making sure my swirling colors reached to the bottom, I ended up with very little color on the top, wouldn't you know it, and it just looked so naked up there that I felt I needed to add something extra to fill in the empty space. lol

The purple swirls are a mix of Brambleberry colorants: Fire Up Fuschia/Ultraviolet Blue/Bamboo Charcoal (it makes for a great purple!). And the gold swirls are 24K gold mica from Oregon Trails. I also dipped my stamp in the same gold mica before stamping.

Last edited:
I cut into my latest soap, batch #6 for this noob. Please someone tell my to stop cutting before day 3, or better yet, day 4!!! I cut after 2 1/2 days and drag, mess up this edge, that corner. Forget the fact I'm also using a very ineffective knife. I need a cheese cutter!!!

Not really soap, but made with the same ingredients. Re-making some massage oil for a local massage therapist to beta test today!

Made my first embedded soap--Sweet Meyer Lemon grounded with Litsea (per you fine forumites' suggestion), with adorbs little sparkly translucent MP embeds of orange and lime wedges and half-lemons in the top. They won't sink, the CP won't lose scent or go to partial gel, good lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

I made 4 batches of soap so far this weekend. 2 are to get ahead of stock for upcoming shows. I tried my hand at liquid soap and made a variation of one of my staples as a test batch.

I'm going out tonight, but envision that Sunday will be full of soap as well.

The test batch I made last weekend with frankincense is holding scent, so I am going to make a production batch of that too.

Yesterday I made bb's spiced apple cider, used NurtureSoap red vibrance and pink mica to color a drop swirl, and curled some leftover bits of the spearmint/peppermint/euc eo soap from Friday to stick on top. Pleased with how it turned out, even though the red isn't red. It is appropriately autumn-like. Strangely enough, the spearmint works with the spiced apple cider scent.

Might be able to make even more soap today!

1411157910647.jpg

and makin soap...

i cut the first soap ive made in 2 years. its a oatmeal honey castille (Bunny's recipe if you know it) that i did in the crock pot. i think its going to be nice when it hardens up...and so im currently cooking another castille. (not sure why the pics are rotated...)

honeyoatmealcastille.jpg

honeyoatmealcastille2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I finally put to good use the silicone sea shell mold I made out of my sea shell collection. I also put to good use my new VanYulay ball-bearing/sprinkle mold as you can see from the soap 'pearls':

IMG_2452SaltySeaShells640.JPG

It's scented with Salty Sailor from Daystar (one of my favorite 'staple' FOs).

I love the seashells! Can I ask which beveler you are using?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a fun surprise when I cut my Santa's Forest today. I found a few butterflies!! Took a pair of soaps to show my 6 yr old granddaughter to see if she could see the butterfly. I soon as I stood them up she said, "butterflies". She loves and raises Painted Ladies and Monarch Butterflies.

Back