What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else here not gel? I don't anymore. I soap at 85 degrees F, and pop it straight into the freezer for 24 hours. So easy, and I love the soft pastel colours it produces and that I'm sure the fragrance is stronger and lasts better then the insulation method.
This is my latest made with almond milk, orange colouring and fragrance. I make lots of milk soaps including goat, almond and coconut.
They look like they're so soft n creamy!

Spent the afternoon in the shop. Made two new loaf molds (1 flat and 1 upright) with easy pull-out bottoms plus an insert like the nifty one some nice person posted earlier this week. It allows me to reduce the volume of my regular batch by exactly half for small and experimental batches without the need for another mold. Also made my first master batch of lye. Hoping to have enough steam to master batch my oils tonight too. That would clear the decks to make some soap tomorrow after church. This site is a wealth of resources and inspiration. View attachment 36838
This is awesome....I think.i need to learn some of this skills you know

Spent my afternoon cutting soap bars.I made this soap with saved up.soap scrap of over 6 months...just dumped in a fresh batter to cement it all up....I love the outcome

Attachments

• 20190222_134150.jpg
    20190222_134150.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 31
I made two small batches of shower steamers for a market next week (Menthol Eucalyptus and Menthol Lemongrass). Right now, I'm waiting for a test batch of solid conditioner to cool enough to add the preservative and FO.

Apart from that, not much happening here. The landlord is replacing a hot water tank for the suite upstairs; the tanks for both up and down suites are in our suite.
20190224_110052_HDR.jpg

You can easily grow stinging nettle in a pot. It grows wild in the Carolinas. You don't want it in your yard, it's invasive and painful. No kidding right? We have it wild out here Cali , but rather than forage for it I bought a seedling at a herb nursery. I finally quit raising mine though. We didn't use it often enough to warrant using that pot for it exclusively. Mountain Rose Herbs online from Oregon is a great source for herbal leaves etc.

Just thought i would tag you with a photo of a stamped soap that i made this week figured out about a day or 2 after cut is a good time to stamp with these recipes at least

Attachments

• 20190223_155647.jpg
    20190223_155647.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back