What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made soap yesterday, seemed to trace well. However today tried to remove from individual molds and it's still slightly soft and slightly sticky in the bottom center. I'll give it another day to firm and try again.

Made a batch of Green Tea / Lemongrass Shampoo Bars. Loaf of Arabian Spice Shampoo Bars from yesterday ready to be cut today. Trying to make shampoo bars in fragrances to match all the soap bars I have. Just ran out of Shea Butter today. Have to wait for payday to order more. The only con in retirement!
Green Tea and Lemongrass sounds nice. Yes - we have an expensive hobby that's for sure. My creative side keeps talking my sensible self into buying more oils!

5DD44751-0F9F-4034-9F3F-AC04CDC405E1.jpeg
66E302CD-E4F2-426D-99D5-A71EAE018EB8.jpeg
F165FE56-B127-46D9-ABB2-F99AE087B394.jpeg
I have made CP soap since 1999 but recently added MP to my line. Crazy thing is it’s selling better then my co line. Here are the ones I made today.

I unmoulded and cut my Strawberry and Rhubarb soap. My first attempt at a mica line was successful, however I could probably have used a little more mica to make it more prominent. I will know for next time. In one pic I have zoomed in in the mica line so you can actually see it. lol.
@KiwiMoose, you are really upping your game with every loaf. This really looks like a delicious dessert.

I unmolded 2 loaves and cut my fave recipe (with tweaks to make it harder) I call Spring Clean. Not to sound braggy but the scent is intoxicating. 1/2 rosemary, 1/2 lemongrass, titch of cedarwood essential oils. I normally color it all the same but put a middle uncolored layer to fancy it up for a church fundraiser.
20190108_082422.jpg 20190108_082507.jpg
Oh, and I finished the soaping dishes (ahem, @amd ;))

@Zing great! come do mine! And that scent combo and soap both sound lovely.

Last night I decided to fiddle with the camera, so I only made one soap: Orange Basil Charcoal. Not sure if my charcoal soap peeps will like the combo of orange & basil eo's so I only made a 2lb batch. I am now out of orange EO, so the next batch will have a different EO combo. I'm trying to downsize my EO stash. I know there will be a few soaps that I keep EO's for, but I don't need a whole drawer. I need that drawer for my growing color stash! Tonight is brew club, so I probably won't get anything done... Wednesday night will be those dang dishes (unless Mr. Zing comes and does them for me, hahaha).

View attachment 34894 View attachment 34895 View attachment 34896 I have made CP soap since 1999 but recently added MP to my line. ..Here are the ones I made today.

These are unreal! (All pretty, but those LAST ones!!!) Look how many things you have going at the same time!! Even see-through (glycerin?) layers. OMG, and are those Blueberries or something?? Holy cow, ya'll gonna make me quit before i even start!!! :eek:

View attachment 34894 View attachment 34895 View attachment 34896 I have made CP soap since 1999 but recently added MP to my line. ..Here are the ones I made today.

These are unreal! (All pretty, but those LAST ones!!!) Look how many things you have going at the same time!! Even see-through (glycerin?) layers. OMG, and are those Blueberries or something?? Holy cow, ya'll gonna make me quit before i even start!!! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I unmolded 2 loaves and cut my fave recipe (with tweaks to make it harder) I call Spring Clean. Not to sound braggy but the scent is intoxicating. 1/2 rosemary, 1/2 lemongrass, titch of cedarwood essential oils. I normally color it all the same but put a middle uncolored layer to fancy it up for a church fundraiser.
View attachment 34898 View attachment 34899
Oh, and I finished the soaping dishes (ahem, @amd ;))

Iv got a big bucket and collapasable box with soaping equipment that all need cleaning think iv got about 25 plastic jugs in there along with everything else you can come clean them for me too and because im nice like that i wont charge you anything for the privilege ;)

Thats what my plans are for today cleaning and maybe making some more melts and candles got a few fo i still have to try. and got about 30 candle glasses i need to clean aswell oh and an entire room where iv been making my soaps is beyond disorganised :mad: :rolleyes: maybe ill just think about cleaning and have a nap instead sounds like a less energetic option :D

I've created a soap recipe that's a bit out of my comfort zone so I've posted it in the Beginner's thread.

I've got the brine solution chilling in the freezer because it has sugar in it, and all the oils are now cooling, after melting the solid fats.

I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be alright.

Grated one of my blue soap bars. Intend to layer it in a batch of the whitest soap I can come up with. I wanted to have shaved curls, but that just didn't work. So grating was Plan B. Seem to do a lot of Plan B's. Also lined the acrylic mold with a method I saw yesterday but I don't remember which Forum it was on. Just one sheet of paper (using parchment lately) folded & cut. So darn easy! Really need to find that lady & thank her for sharing. Lining is no longer a chore. Oh! Happy Day!

Grated one of my blue soap bars. Intend to layer it in a batch of the whitest soap I can come up with. I wanted to have shaved curls, but that just didn't work. So grating was Plan B. Seem to do a lot of Plan B's. Also lined the acrylic mold with a method I saw yesterday but I don't remember which Forum it was on. Just one sheet of paper (using parchment lately) folded & cut. So darn easy! Really need to find that lady & thank her for sharing. Lining is no longer a chore. Oh! Happy Day!
That would be me and.... you're welcome!

@Zing mines got a lovely kinda light ivory colour too it without colours as long as i use regular oo rather than evoo which i have done a few times and that darkens it quite significantly. Im sure you'll be pleased to know your washing up services are no longwr needed i tackled the washing took nearly an hour but i got it done in the end. Got a headache now and literally no energy to cook

Unmolded my Pumice and Poppy seed bars - EOs are spearmint and lemongrass
View attachment 34916

They look lovely. When do you add you poppy seeds i saw flax seeds ground at my local supermarket earlier and although i didnt buy any it made me think about how they would be used in cp soap and in what kinda quantities and would it be an exfoliating soap regardless of how much you added? Im assuming the answer would be simular for anything like poppy seeds once ground up?

Latest posts

Back