What is happening?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lperdue

Reaction score
This is my rose quartz soap. After i poured at light trace and let it set up some this started happening. It took forever to set up as well. I always have that trouble with this fragrance but never this. I have popped into warm roaster to see if it helps. I hope it reabsorbs

Attachments

• 74EDBE29-A0AE-4BF7-82AB-8B3ADF157385.jpeg
    74EDBE29-A0AE-4BF7-82AB-8B3ADF157385.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 13
This is my rose quartz soap. After i poured at light trace and let it set up some this started happening. It took forever to set up as well. I always have that trouble with this fragrance but never this. I have popped into warm roaster to see if it helps. I hope it reabsorbs
Well never mind guys. It just got worst and worst till it was nothing but a pool on top and shrunken soap on bottom. Was hoping to have it done by tuesday to be ready for valentines day. I hate wasting! Ordering more fragrance and try again I guess

If you have used this fragrance before does it have a habit of overheating? Either you did not acquire a stable emulsion or it overheated or both. If it tends to be an overheating FO which many floral type fo's do soap cool and make sure your emulsion is stable. If you insulate after pouring try not insulating and go to a slightly thicker trace, also not knowing your lye concentration try using a higher lye concentration (less water). Posting your recipe could help us troubleshoot. Lower lye concentrations (higher water) create hotter gels.

Latest posts

Back