Market tent recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi friends, I have now done probably 100 markets or so and my tent is starting to get weary. This is the one I bought last spring https://www.oceanstatejoblot.com/marketeer-10x10-one-touch-pop-up-gazebo/product/259718
It has been okay - it sets up pretty easily, is lightweight, and gets the job done. Now though the legs are starting to splay out - I can’t figure out if there is metal fatigue somewhere or if there is hardware has come loose. The canopy has never really provided very good shade - the description says it ihas a silver lining but it doesn‘t. I’d love to hear what brand tents you have found that you like. I need it to be pretty lightweight and possible to set up alone. I realize that I sacrifice sturdiness for lightness. Oh and I like a vented canopy.
thank you!

I have this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Eurmax-10x10-Pop-Canopy-Tent/dp/B08SR3S51T/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=eurmax&qid=1691676518&sr=8-13&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.c021cf91-aacd-4a27-9bf5-80aba3271009&th=1

I bought it six years ago from Kijiji; it had only been used once, for a wedding. It's been fantastic, and is still going strong. Side walls are separate (and were included with mine); it's easy to set up and tear down by myself if need be.
Intersting - I’ve never seen one with that kind of roofline. It does look nice but a bit pricey new.

Intersting - I’ve never seen one with that kind of roofline. It does look nice but a bit pricey new.
Yes, it is pricey but, I hafta say... it's standing up really well.o

eta: Oh, just realized that one's a little different than mine. You're right about the roofline. Mine is the standard pole in the middle. Let me see if I can find the right one.

It's more like this one but without the walls. And, no, I did not pay nearly that much.

https://www.amazon.ca/Eurmax-Commer...r_1_17?keywords=eurmax&qid=1691690342&sr=8-17

Yes, it is pricey but, I hafta say... it's standing up really well.o

eta: Oh, just realized that one's a little different than mine. You're right about the roofline. Mine is the standard pole in the middle. Let me see if I can find the right one.

It's more like this one but without the walls. And, no, I did not pay nearly that much.

https://www.amazon.ca/Eurmax-Commer...r_1_17?keywords=eurmax&qid=1691690342&sr=8-17
Did you read the manufacturer description? 🤣 It's ... interestingly translated. And who knew canopies had to be resistant to Minoxidil (a hair growth drug)? Amazon gets weirder and weirder.

Honestly, what you want is aluminum frame with a vent at the top and silver line canopy. I wish I had thought of this when I got mine three years ago. Mine has none of these things and I feel like I'm baking underneath. Even with the supposed 99% UV resistant, I can most definitely feel the UV. I have a caravan. It wasn't worth the almost $400 I paid for it. I've been considering selling it. The frame alone is 70 lbs.

Honestly, what you want is aluminum frame with a vent at the top and silver line canopy. I wish I had thought of this when I got mine three years ago. Mine has none of these things and I feel like I'm baking underneath. Even with the supposed 99% UV resistant, I can most definitely feel the UV. I have a caravan. It wasn't worth the almost $400 I paid for it. I've been considering selling it. The frame alone is 70 lbs.

Yes - I really just want the silver lining. I ended up ordering this Amazon.com
I think it is the same as what I have now which SAYS it has a silver lining but doesn’t. I know it won’t be super sturdy but I hope will last a few years.
Did you read the manufacturer description? 🤣 It's ... interestingly translated. And who knew canopies had to be resistant to Minoxidil (a hair growth drug)? Amazon gets weirder and weirder.
oh wow. Medicine finasteride. Earcandle. Hmmm… I don’t think I’ll be using my tent for these purposes. 😄

I have an EZUp. The downside is that it is heavy and takes 2 people to get up easily. The good is that their customer service is fantastic. I had a problem with the frame after about a year and they replaced the entire frame. The replacement has lasted 6 years so far.

We got ours from Sam's Club and have used it for 5 Years without issue. It came with all 4 sides, tiebacks and a rolling bag. It is worth it's weight in gold. If I recall correctly it was around $200.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811_114617_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811_114617_Chrome.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi, garden/greenhouse supply companies. Sell uv protective fabric. For covering greenhouse. Growersupply.com is where I purchased. The cover for a diy hoop house. Maybe put piece over frame. Before installing tent cover. Just a thought.

Hi, garden/greenhouse supply companies. Sell uv protective fabric. For covering greenhouse. Growersupply.com is where I purchased. The cover for a diy hoop house. Maybe put piece over frame. Before installing tent cover. Just a thought.
That’s a thought, but would involve an extra step, fitting the fabric to the tent frame, and one more thing to carry. We’ll see how the new tent works.
Btw I’ve bought stuff from a greenhouse supply company up in Wolfeboro - bought my hoop house frame and plastic there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back