What can I mix with Strawberry?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought an 8 oz bottle of NS Sugared Strawberry. Truly smells like fresh strawberries OOB. Used it for some soap, and the bars smell really good to me, but the scent is fading fast and (except for one lonely bar) they're just not selling. I've still got most of the bottle. What scents (either FO or EO) do you wise and clever people suggest I might mix it with to liven it up? All I can think of is vanilla.

Attachments

• 203 Strawberry Sorbet.jpg
    203 Strawberry Sorbet.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 0
What scents (either FO or EO) do you wise and clever people suggest I might mix it with to liven it up?
I’m haunting some of the other Fragrance sections of websites we all visit and coming up with some possibilities:
1. Rose, Fresh Cut Roses, English Tea Rose
2. Champagne
3. Monkey Farts (strawberry monkey farts would give you a second color for a popular gift soap for kids 😆)
4. Lemon (strawberry lemonade)
5. Green Tea
6. Black Raspberry Vanilla

I’m sure you’ll get lots of other ideas. Just changing the name may help you get more sales. Got to say, though, I could see folks buying monkey farts for boys and strawberry monkey farts for girls!

Great ideas so far. And I've got all those scents here sitting right here. Thank you! Gonna go sniff them together right now.

Funny how I just hit a brain wall with this one. All these ideas sounds delicious! You guys are indeed the best!

I could see folks buying monkey farts for boys and strawberry monkey farts for girls!
Funny you should say that: the one bar I sold was to a little girl who insisted her mom buy that one for her.
I guess maybe it's just not a grownup enough scent for grownups. (Me, I'm always partial to scents that smell like food!)

Funny you should say that: the one bar I sold was to a little girl who insisted her mom buy that one for her.
I guess maybe it's just not a grownup enough scent for grownups. (Me, I'm always partial to scents that smell like food!)
Monkey farts does smell like a fruit blend and it sticks for me. Several people here rename it and it sells. You could have one with a more traditional name and see how it sells up against monkey farts. I’m guessing adults don’t want to be seen smelling a monkey’s . . .

Monkey farts does smell like a fruit blend and it sticks for me. Several people here rename it and it sells. You could have one with a more traditional name and see how it sells up against monkey farts. I’m guessing adults don’t want to be seen smelling a monkey’s . . .
I hate the name of that FO. I've never bought it because of the name and if I did use it, I would certainly change the name. And I'm not a prude or anything - I just think it's silly.

@JoyfulSudz - can you get rhubarb? ( I can't in NZ) . Strawberry and rhubarb taste great together in a pie, so why not together as fragrances?

I hate the name of that FO. I've never bought it because of the name and if I did use it, I would certainly change the name. And I'm not a prude or anything - I just think it's silly.

@JoyfulSudz - can you get rhubarb? ( I can't in NZ) . Strawberry and rhubarb taste great together in a pie, so why not together as fragrances?
Same. I also recently bought “bum bum” FO from WSP. I love the scent, but I call it “coconut berry”.

Latest posts

Back