What are you reading?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catmehndi

Reaction score
I confess, I'm a book fiend...while I'm quite happy to go 'zen' with most of my possessions, but my books are sacred. I just love a good read and I keep all the good books I've read ( I do discard the duds) and I hope to pass them on to my daughter (who is also an avid reader: at age 12, she just picked up Anna Karenina.....!)
So, I'm interested to know: what good book are you reading now?

Right now, I can't put down Jodi Picoult's Keeping Faith.

What's your page-turner?

Right now I'm reading a book called Content Rules. My boss got it for us at work. It's about social media...blogs and all of that. Very good book!

by Ann Handley & C.C. Chapman

I really recommend it if you have a business, small or large.

Deda said:
Elizabeth Gilbert/ Eat Pray Love
That was an awesome book - the movie really pales in comparison.
Her follow up, Committed, is also a little disappointing - good, but not nearly as good as Eat, Pray, Love.

Just finished "Fly Away Home" by Jennifer Weiner. A really enjoyable read.

The Mini Shopaholic is fun if you enjoy chic lit. :)

Love, Love, LOVE Jodi Picoult! Have read all her books and love every one. My Sister's Keeper is my absolute fave-the movie did it no justice IMO.

Right now I am reading a James Patterson book, Bathing Suit I believe it is called. I love thrillers!

Currently re-reading HP Lovecraft "Wake up Screaming" for the 89th time. A compilation of short stories. Prior to that I was once again devouring more Robert E Howard, Conan stories, My favorite is Red Nails and some Solomon Kane.

Yeah I'm a dork, I collect old Conan comics too.

I am currently re-reading (for the 3rd time) The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. A must have for this holiday season if you ask me.

mariflo said:
Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)... just started it
and "A Taste of Provence" (Francie Jouanin) ... because I love food so much :)

If you love food, have you read 'A Year in Provence' by Peter Mayle? It was a great read, funny and very mouth-watering too!
He also wrote 'A Good Year' and they supposedly made a movie out of it - with Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard - but other than the geographical location, there's nothing of the book in that movie...

Catmehndi said:
mariflo said:
Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)... just started it
and "A Taste of Provence" (Francie Jouanin) ... because I love food so much :)

If you love food, have you read 'A Year in Provence' by Peter Mayle? It was a great read, funny and very mouth-watering too!
He also wrote 'A Good Year' and they supposedly made a movie out of it - with Russell Crowe and Marion Cotillard - but other than the geographical location, there's nothing of the book in that movie...
Thanks for the tip Catmehndi, I'll deffinitely look for the books. I heard about the movie but haven't seen it yet, I'll read the book first :)

I love books, but since my husband died, I've lost my reading mojo. I still have a few books that I'm reading ... it just seems to be taking me a long time.

Currently I'm reading - Brother Fish by Bryce Courtney ... and I'm ready to read - Whitethorn by Bryce Courtney.

I also have the Stieg Larsson's trilogy to read ... starting with - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I devoured the Stieg Larsson trilogy! It's funny, I had never heard of it when I bought the first book and I only bought it because I'm a girl with a dragon tattoo! (my Chinese sign)

Sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I hope you find peace and some comfort in the memories you have.

"Mary Ann in Autumn"
- Armistead Maupin.

The 8th book in the "Tales of the City" series which began as a weekly fictional serial in the San Francisco Chronicle in the 1970's.

I discovered this series about 20 years ago and I go back to re-read them all every so often. It's like visiting old friends who live across the country.

It's wonderful to have this and the other recent addition, "Michael Tolliver Lives" to revisit and catch up with these folks to see how the new millenium has changed their lives.

Just finished Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchey- read it in 3 days.
Great read - English Author

Also The Plantation by Di Morrissey
Very good - Aussie Author.

Got Silent Country out of the library to read over Xmas - Di Morrissey.

Latest posts

Back