Can you give me your opinion please?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whatever

Reaction score
Hi, i hope you are doing well. I'm new in soapmaking and I'm surprised how hard it is to make soap. Probably not the best idea but I started making liquid soap, I had make now my third batch (the first two were a mess) and I think that I'm happy with the result but I would like to hear your opinions.
My first batch it was:
52% coconut
28% olive
8% palm
7% Castor
7% Jojoba
No SF
And some adittives

I had a lot of troubles, mainly with the dilution and the viscosity, but at the end I ended with soap 60% clear, the problem it was that the soap produced a very low foam and I had to use a lot, like a 2 coins size of soap, just to wash my face, and I didn't understand why, cause it was made with 52% coconut. Now I made another batch this time I change the formula:
45 % coconut
30 % olive
13 % palm
7 % castor
5 % jojoba
3 SF
And strangely produce a better foam and looks clear, a little darker than the last one I don't know why, but I think it works. For me it feels soft and doesn't dry my skin but my skin is not precisely sensitive so idk, that's why I would like to hear your expert opinion about this formula and about if my paste and soap diluted looks good because I don't have enough experience yet, thank you so much for reading me.

Attachments

• IMG_20240311_165548.jpg
    IMG_20240311_165548.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240311_165527.jpg
    IMG_20240311_165527.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
The soap look Ok, the paste looks like it gelled. Don't see any problems there.
Not sure what is your question. As long as it feels good to you - that is what matters.
The bubbliness depends on type of oils you use, but the first soap should be bubbly enough. Not sure what happened there.
With the second soap, you made it with super fat. The rule of the thumb is you can not superfat liquid soap. All the superfat will end up floating on top of the diluted soap. If you really want to superfat it - you add additional oils AFTER the dilution with the addition of PS80 (it dissolves fats in water).
AS for the dilution itself - there are tons of threads about how to do it "the right way". There is always a chance of overdiluting and ending up with the very liquid soap. I love making liquid soap, but hate diluting it. It takes me 2 hours to make soap and the 2-3 days to dilute it. I normally start with about 60-70% water of soap paste, heat it up, and then check on soap 2-3 times a day, and slowly add 10-15 ml of water if it looks like it's done dissolving. What I also do - is put aside 2-3 table spoons of undiluted paste. In case you end up overdiluting the main batch - you can always drop the paste in the bottle and let it thicken the soap.
Other than that - search the forum and experiment. Liquid soap is not that difficult to make, and it is very rewarding to use what you made on your own

Latest posts

Back