Warm Woolly Holiday

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydog

Reaction score
Good-morning, All:
I haven't been on here too much lately, life's been getting in the way, but I have been working on Christmas gifts here and there. My rebatchs always seem to come out looking the same to me, but if I call this one Warm Woolly Holiday, I think it just might work. Reminds me of knit mittens :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And some m&p's for good measure *heart*

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good job! It does look like knitted wool. Very Christmasy looking colors. I also like how you used white for the Handmade print on the other bar. It really stands out and looks vibrant on the red. The blue sprinkles on the other bars is also a nice accent.

Thanks, Hazel!
No blue sprinkles though, those are poppy seeds. It's a coffee kitchen scrub soap with added shea butter, oatmeal, coffee grounds and poppy seeds :)

That sounds wonderful. The seeds look blue on my monitor. I really need to buy a new one but I'd rather spend money on oils & FOs rather than a new monitor. :lol:

They look terrific Saltydog. I love the white wording too.
Great rebatch.

Thank you!

On an upsetting note, I tried a small piece of the rebatched soap this morning. The soap I used was well cured and I added a little extra safflower oil to the rebatch. It felt wonderful and super sudsy. ...I was loving it and then... the two colors separated :cry:

I was so hoping that wasn't going to happen. Anything I can do, or is it back to the drawing board?

Sorry about that ... hope someone can help you 'fix' it!

I love the look of your WWC ... looks like old fashioned felt ... so cool!

Dragonkaz said:
Sorry about that ... hope someone can help you 'fix' it!

I love the look of your WWC ... looks like old fashioned felt ... so cool!

Thanks, Dragonkaz, but i wasn't very hopeful, lol.
I don't think there's anything I can do. It has been curing for a bit now, so I'm gonna give it another try and see if it holds together any better. I think it's cute, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Back