Violet Blue micas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Years ago, Nurture had a mica called Vintage Velvet. It was my favorite color for one of my lavender soaps. It was a mixture of a medium cool blue and a violet. When they discontinued it, I stocked up but am finishing my last. I need a replacement and expect I will have to blend. Do you have a favorite violet? or a purple mica with a lot of blue undertones?

I do expect to blend. However, Nurture used to have an Ultraviolet that I used and it was clear from the name it was in the blue direction. It has also been discontinued. I use Purple Vibrance but it is a red purple; cyber grape also a pastel red purple and iris purple, blue violet but pastel. I find the photos on their site not very indicative of whether a purple has blue tones or red tones and I hated to have to purchase samples of all if there is a favorite in the blue-violet direction.

I do expect to blend. However, Nurture used to have an Ultraviolet that I used and it was clear from the name it was in the blue direction. It has also been discontinued. I use Purple Vibrance but it is a red purple; cyber grape also a pastel red purple and iris purple, blue violet but pastel. I find the photos on their site not very indicative of whether a purple has blue tones or red tones and I hated to have to purchase samples of all if there is a favorite in the blue-violet direction.
Yes. My point was that their tool may help you pick the right shades to blend together and tell you what percentage to use of each.

Thank you for the recommendation.
When Nurture discontinued Ultraviolet, the replacement was Cheshire Cat. I bought a big bag of Ultraviolet during the closeout sale and also have Cheshire Cat. The CC looks bluer to me. Here they are side by side!

IMG_4865.jpeg

When Nurture discontinued Ultraviolet, the replacement was Cheshire Cat. I bought a big bag of Ultraviolet during the closeout sale and also have Cheshire Cat. The CC looks bluer to me. Here they are side by side!

View attachment 73952
I wasn't aware the chesire cat was the replacement. I purchased 4 oz of ultraviolet when I last bought it and ran out this summer. As much as I like what I think of as royal purple (I think of Queen's robe purple with red undertones) they just don't replace the violet purples for my ideas when working with lavender fragrances. Thanks for the reply and comparison.

Latest posts

Back