VikingChick’s Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the soap that I made that was intended to be for the February challenge. I decided to play with the infused oils I made back in December - the yellow is annatto, the purple is alkanet (and while I’m chuffed at the pretty gray-purple, I was wishing it could’ve stayed the gorgeous deep red that the oil turned!), and if you can see any gray, it’s indigo which did not survive well. There’s also an uncolored component, which I think blended with the gray, making it unnoticeable.

I used some chrome green oxide to make those stems, then put the soap into the oven, not super happy with the result. A few seconds later, I had the genius idea to mix up some mica drizzle and use that to make a rose - so that there would be an actual design, lol. Where I DQ’d myself is that the rules states that the mica could be no more than 20% of your design. Between the stem and the flower, the design is probably 50/50. I wish I’d thought to make some red soap for the rose! 🤦🏻‍♀️

This batch also had a lot of air bubbles. Since I used colored oils, I had to mix separate batches and I didn’t intend to SB at all. Well, impatience got the better of me (as it often does), and there just wasn’t enough batter to not have air bubbles even though I tried to avoid them.

Anyway…..overall I do like how this soap turned out. Kinda vintage-looking.

Attachments

• IMG_5554.jpeg
    IMG_5554.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back