Using liquid hand soap for scent?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piedmont

Reaction score
I got an idea, liquid hand soaps are inexpensive and scented. Is it possible to make an addition of a liquid soap into a lard soap? I was thinking maybe it would incorporate right in, plus convey the soaps scent too??

The short answer is no.... And then I have to ask why you would want to add a detergent to a natural soap? You're better off using the cheap fragrances from Michaels which I wouldn't do either...

If your goal is natural scented soaps, this is not going to get you there as well as possibly destabilizing your soap. I don't know if the scent would survive saponification.

Seriously, go get some essential oils from Camden Grey or ebay. Lemongrass is very inexpensive, easy to work with, and a little goes a long way.

If your goal is natural scented soaps, this is not going to get you there as well as possibly destabilizing your soap. I don't know if the scent would survive saponification.

Seriously, go get some essential oils from Camden Grey or ebay. Lemongrass is very inexpensive, easy to work with, and a little goes a long way.
I'm not looking to do natural, that would be OK but not a goal, just looking for cheap easy way to add a faint scent if possible. I did buy an ounce of FO this weekend to try out.

Liquid soap is completely different from CP soap, especially the store bought kind. If you tried mixing the two, you would end up with a mess. I get FO from the candle source and its quite inexpensive and shipping is very reasonable.

Lots of suppliers have samples at .99 cents an ounce. I tried some "cheap" stuff when I was starting out, I don't think you will be happy with them. You really do get what you pay for and it does affect your finished product.

It really is Lindy but I think a lot of "try" these things and learn the hard way :(

Back