Tuesday's full moon...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuxedoKat

Reaction score
Anyone soaping under the full moon on Tuesday? What sort of crafts are you thinking of getting up to in the soaping kitchen?

I have never soaped under the full moon. What is special about it? I will probably be making no-palm soap. But not under the full moon, it is too cold!

That is what I was thinking... I have a Wiccan friend, I will ask her more about the full moon! My neighbors do think I am a witch, just not the type we are talking about, lol.

I'm proud to be a witch, but I won't be soaping under the full moon this month, as I've got a 'moon howling' to attend!

The full moon energy will help me design a few new soaps and I'm looking forward to that.

I too am a proud Witch, but this moon I will be spinning, not soaping; perhaps new moon will find me making something cleansing.... hmmmm.

i happily carry the mantle of witch, even though i'm not officially one :) all the neighborhood kids and many of my friends think i'm one anyway. i've always loved the motto, which is very similar to the doctor's motto: loosely translated "First, do no harm."

You ladies should all be proud. I find it fascinating and am always asking my friend questions. But she really isn't practicing. I love the Witch shops on Etsy.

Well I'm soaping today, but the "full moon soap" I'm envisioning is going to be made under two moons. I've picked up a 1" PVC pipe that I'm going to attempt to make an actual moon in, and then next moon, I'm going to make the rest of it. I'll have to think of a crafty little name for it.

I love the full moon! :D

People love the circle embed. My moon was way to big last time. 1 inch sounds like a good size. Maybe DH can scrounge up a piece of PVC to use. Thanks for the reminder, I've been eyeballing the paper towel cardboard rolls. So glad you mentioned the pipe before I went and unrolled all the paper towels!

It looks like it might be cloudy here all night. Do any of you have crystals and stones to set out for cleansing under the moonlight?

I love the full moon too. Not a witch, just a pagan.

Later I hope to make a small batch of mint eucalyptus soap and prevent gelling, then I want to make another one and gel it. I would be using different water amounts and soaping temperatures so they are two different batches. I want to find out if there is any effect to gel-no gel on the eucalyptus EO scent. It seems to be a volatile one, like the citrus EOs. I recently found out, both from advice given here and from experience, that I can keep a lot more of the citrus if I prevent gel.

Out of my line of 10 or so regular soaps, mint eucalyptus is the only white one. Just like the moon. No other adornments though. I want to do the PVC pipe deal soon though. Maybe on the next full moon?

hah, i already forgot about it being the full moon tonight, but i'm making what i call my black magic facial bar. activated charcoal sea salt with tea tree and lavender and dead sea black mud. how's that for cool timing :) enjoy, everyone! owooooooo!!! howooooool!

The moon is beautiful tonight, clear skies and a few wispy clouds. I have enjoyed this thread and want to thank you wonderful ladies for sharing. Growing up in Utah I wasn't exposed to much diversity, sadly. I love hearing about others lives.

So I did the gel un-gelled-moon-colored-mint-eucalyptus soap experiment.

The fridge had to be used to preserve the next day's lunch (food trumps soap) so the un-gelled soap gelled in the centre, showing the shape of the full moon seen trough a lake. I do not mind the partial gel and the experiment still answered my question, even though it was not the answer I wanted.

The gelled soap worked nicely too. The partially gelled had less water, so both were un-moldable and cuttable at around the same time.

The little tiny bit of patchouli EO I added with the mint and eucalyptus EOs added a tint to the soap. So much for a white soap. Is is cream colored, but we all know about yellow moons, so I am still calling it my full moon soap.

probably too early to tell, but let us know how the scent holds in the gelled vs. ungelled versions, eager to hear! i rarely have enough room in the fridge (right, in my house food trumps soap ;) ) so almost always gel...

paillo said:
probably too early to tell, but let us know how the scent holds in the gelled vs. ungelled versions, eager to hear! i rarely have enough room in the fridge (right, in my house food trumps soap ;) ) so almost always gel...

Too early to tell? yes and no. I will certainly test for scent longevity, but the 'mostly un-gelled' version has a much stronger and complex scent, while the gelled is pleasantly minty, and weaker, a more diffused scent? I added the exact same amount of the four EOs.

I will start a new thread on the 'experiment' with soaping temperature and water discounts for each version. Pictures too of course. I need help preventing the gel ring, not because I find it offensive, but because the more un-gelled soap, the stronger scent!

Could the gelled version get stronger? have better scent retention? I will let you guys know.

This is what I did not want to hear myself, since fridge/freezer space is at a premium. Worth considering a little fridge/freezer just for soap though. I was recently able to make two citrus soaps that are really citrusy scented. A first for me. One of the things was not gel (as I read here).

Back