TSUNAMI warnings for Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand + more

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Huge earthquake in Japan. Tsunami has hit Japan. Warnings for other countries. I have no words. If you read this, try to get messages to people that may be affected in Japan, Hawaii, Taiwan, Russia + more but I can't remember. Sorry. So sorry. :(

ETA: The information is changing minute by minute so may not be accurate. Watch the news.

Australia added to warning. New Zealand added to warning.

Sorry for putting this here but people need to see. :(

8.8 on the scale and they're saying it's 160 times stronger than the New Zealand earthquake. Poor people. :cry:

People in danger zones for Tsunamis need to be watching the news for updates.

I just spoke to someone in Western Australia who hadn't turned the news on and had no idea what was happening some 7 hours after the event. If any of you have friends in places that are threatened by tsunami, please try to make contact to make sure that they are aware.

West coast B.C. in Canada is also under threat of tsunami waters, as might be parts of USA west coast, including California.....scary indeed! The earth is quaking....shaking. So am I.

My nephew is still unaccounted for in Japan. Reports say that the country is in 'lock down' and he may not be able to contact his parents in New Zealand until some time tomorrow. Waiting is horrible!

I'm grateful for Facebook as it's kept me in touch with family and friends in Fiji, New Zealand and Australia. There's loads of communicating about the tsunami on there.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre forecasts the tsunami wave should reach New Zealand first at
North Cape 6.23 am,
East Cape and Auckland (west coast) at 7.23 am,
Gisborne at 7.29 am,
Milford Sound 7.47 am,
Wellington 7.53 am,
Auckland (east coast) 8.05 am,
New Plymouth 8.08 am,
Napier 8.17 am,
Westport 8.37 am,
Dunedin 9.29 am,
Lyttelton 10.03 am,
Bluff 10.20 am and
Nelson at 11.15 am.

I have a friend visiting in her sister in Hawaii...I'm very worried about her!!!

All, I can say is wow...there are no words! My heart goes out to all the effected!!!

Dragonkaz said:
My nephew is still unaccounted for in Japan. Reports say that the country is in 'lock down' and he may not be able to contact his parents in New Zealand until some time tomorrow. Waiting is horrible! quote]

Any news on your nephew? Praying he is safe and his family will hear from him soon.

It is a disaster yesterday, even in Taiwan.
Some major fiber cables are disconected about 3 hours in Taiwan.
Some Taiwan cables are connected to Japan, Japan to USA then whole worlds.

I only can link domestic internet, everything is gone in that 3 hours.

God bless all of us, it is so sad.

By the way, Taiwan is Japan neighbor, So, how high is the Japan tsunami wave in Taiwan? 10 cm!!

Tsunami won't visit you, Australia.

It's good that Taiwan didn't feel the full force of the tsunami although I think some parts of North America had 1.5 metre waves with minimal damage. Hard to know what to expect when this sort of thing happens. That's correct Bala, Australia has been taken off the list. :wink:

Latest posts

Back