Thank you!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I've never tried to post anything before...hopefully this will work... I wanted to thank you all for solving a problem that has really been driving me crazy for the last year. I wanted to make a recipe for a very moisturizing goat milk soap. Simple, right? My first batch was almost perfect...I thought just a little soft...after it dried a couple of days it was great, but it was too soft to hold the decorative pattern of the mold well. I kept at it making changes to the oils. Each batch was worse than the first. I tried just about everything, finally I decided to increase the lye....I saw a post by someone else that had the same problem and proposed to solve it the same way. Everyone said...no! just decrease the liquid. I am so grateful to you all. My new batch is pretty wonderful! Next time I have a problem...I'll ask for myself!

Welcome to the Forum!

Glad that you were able to solve your problem. Be sure to post a pic for us to enjoy! :)

Jude

Thanks for the warm welcome! I thought I'd try to post a picture...hope this turns out okay. Here goes...this is honey almond goat milk soap. It's a pale yellow and so far seems pretty nice.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I thought I'd try to post a picture...hope this turns out okay. Here goes...this is honey almond goat milk soap. It's a pale yellow and so far seems pretty nice.
soap.jpg

Latest posts

Back