Starting yet another hobby

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a very crafty person and have decided to venture into the world of soapmaking (I have been thinking about it for some time now). I have done some melt and pour soaps in the past but I would rather control all the ingredients that are going into the soaps as well as the process from start to finish so I am about to have a go at making my first CP Soap. Wish me luck :)

Kira

Hi Kira,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure your first batch will be fine but I'll say good luck anyway. :D

What recipe are you using? If you're not sure about it, you can post it and we can offer a critique of it.

Hi Hazel,

I am using a very basic recipe using olive oil, rice bran oil and coconut oil. I got the basic recipe off a soapmakers blog and then ran it through a lye calculator. I'm pretty sure it will be fine but I want to start off small and work my way up. I will post pictures.

When I got all my soap making (and candle making) stuff out to check some things last night my kids got excited when I discovered I had a block of melt and pour soap base. So last night we made some soaps for them. I took some photos, I just have to get them off the camera and I'll come back and post pictures. They turned out great for quickly made soaps.

Thanks
Kira

Thanks for letting me know about the recipe. I'm reassured since some that are posted on the Internet are not the best to start out with and I'm glad to know you ran it through a lye calculator. I'll look for your pics. :)

Back