New guy with a new hobby

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nd32479

Reaction score
Hi. I’m Wade. Just beginning this journey of making soap. I’m an empty nester and have picked up a couple hobbies and have really enjoyed “making” things of use. This seems like one both my wife and I would enjoy.

We’ve yet to make any soap but I’ve watched lots of videos. In my other hobbies Ive found user group forums to be very helpful and practical for Q&A.

I’ve always been very found of soap and scents. There is just something about starting your day with a great shower feeling refreshed that comes with the lather and an uplifting scent.

In a perfect world after becoming somewhat accomplished it would be great to provide a quality product to share as gift to friends, family, and local shelters. In a dream world it would be great to be able to sell a few on FB marketplace to help fund the hobby, but likely not a reality.

In closing, thanks to those who created and manage this site, and to all the members who share their knowledge freely with newbies like me.

Welcome, it's definitely an amazing forum where you can learn a lot. It's lovely you and your SO are both interested. Mine is interested too... in using the soap I make! Although he helps with cutting, packaging, testing, and picking scents... Everything but the physical creation. It's really nice having something to do together.

Welcome! It's always lovely to hear of spouses who enjoy hobbies together. We look forward to seeing some of your creations.
Thanks AliOop. While we have many similar interests, we don’t have any true hobbies that we do together. So it will be interesting, one way or the other. 😉

Latest posts

Back