Soap for hard water?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adoptapitbull

Reaction score
Is there any way to compensate for hard, mineral rich well water? I'm a little disappointed with the lather and bubbles in my soaps. My friends and family who live up north remarked that theirs lather and bubble just great. I think my water is kicking my soap's butt. Can I add anything to my soap to help fight the water? I don't want soap that is great for friends, and stinks for me!

A soap made with a high percentage of coconut oil will probably give you more lather. Using Palm Kernel Oil and Castor oil should help also. If you are worrying about coconut oil drying your skin, you can do a superfat of 8 or more.

do you have a water softener? I can really notice when our salt runs out, my soap doesnt bubble as well. My Dad will not buy a softener so I will make him some higher co soap.

Have you tried adding salt? You don't have to go as high as a regular salt bar but from my understanding it will make the bar harder and may counteract the minerals in your water,and maybe less slimy as I think was another of your questions.

Latest posts

Back