SMF Soap Making Challenge: September Discoloring FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the video! Where do you folks find those spouted containers? They look very convenient for thin lines.

ETA nvm I found them! :)

Last edited:
I absolutely love those newbie, how did u pour them? I see fingers and thumbs in the second image and lots of small bones in the last one. Does that make me creepy and weird?

That is what I saw too, second and last pics, I think, although I did find the sheep, the eye and what more looked like to me a fox profile, lemurs are pretty ....well, they just look like they been hittin' the shrooms...

I searched, but I couldn't find your burl pour newbie.

Scratch that, I found it in the end! A really interesting and different way to pour! Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
Doriette those are some awesome looking bars! They don't look like pumpkin barf at all!

I just realized I posted the wrong final picture. I had a better one somewhere on this phone or tablet, dangnammit!

newbie & jules - appreciate you saying it doesn't look like pumpkin barf . . . the first pic had so much yellow & orange that's what it looked like to me! I think it looks so much better with the discoloration than without.

Don't know how the sweeps of color happened because the FO moved faster than expected so my ITP swirl was more gloppy than I had in mind. And my surprise that didn't work out was glow-in-the-dark colorant added to the white portion. I tried to get a pic last night when it was really dark in my curing room but the glow is really subtle and I couldn't get a decent pic with my crappy camera phone.

mintle's entry is making me hungry too . . . it really does look like the candy!

Lovely entries everyone! I'm sorry about extending the end date last minute. If I host a challenge again I'll be sure not to do that. I didn't mean for anyone to be upset by it and I sincerely hope no one is discouraged to try another challenge becasue I extended this one and caused instability.

I voted, but it was hard to choose. There was something I liked about each entry. I had to unjumble my mind a little, so my votes were based on

1. How well the brand color was represented (since that was the most difficult component for me)
2. How the DFO was used in the design (since that was the point of the challenge to begin with)
3. Overall look after discoloration

Well done everyone - very impressed with the entries.

Thank you Galaxy, for hosting the challenge. It was a fun one.

Wow, that was a tough choice once again, well done all...beautiful soapies. :clap: I can't wait to see who wins this one. :D

Latest posts

Back