Skin whitening and lightening soaps.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaan

Reaction score
Here in India, there are so many skin whitening soaps sold like likas papaya soap,kojic acid soap,glutathione soap, st.dflour soap..as far as i remember..claiming to be showing results in about 20 days,some even a week..they range anywhere from Rs.300 to Rs.1500.. that would be about 5 to 25 US $.. and named as genuine imports from Philippines, USA,quatar and china(pearl soap).. and similar creams..they also make creams with similar ingredients and claims..i just tried likas papaya soap to remove tanning from my arms n legs..my skin is deeply tanned as i practice tennis for long hours..this soap showed no effect, was very hard and drying.. i dont know how they make such high claims..then i bought one made in Russia.. it was again worthless..these soaps even claim to treat acne,wrinkles,dryness,spots,and almost anything.
I am so disappointed no one makes a check on this product..i want to make my own soap that would lighten skin and remove tan..i heard tamrind,bearberry and other such ingredients do lighten up skin if applied directly..but it feels so messy to keep the paste on your skin for so long..it might work in melt and pour base,but not sure about cp..has anyone tried it with someone positive results? i have small pimples on my face as well..tried a lot of things like carbon soap,clay soap,neem-tulsi soap,nothing worked..planning to give a last try to pine tar soap.

make a cream perhaps? i make papaya and bearberry soap, as well as lotion. i told my customers that these are natural skin lighteners, and won't give immediate effect. don't expect magic. i think it's best to use both the soap and the cream for maximum strength.

Thanx seven! I am not able to make creams..i tried making twice with beeswax,but it was very very thick and oily..never tried again..and adding natural extracts to cream,i have no idea..i have to add preservatives for that.

Hey dixie! I regularly wax my legs,but the very next day it tans even more..and sunscreen is washed off with sweat or dont show any effect..i used spf 50+ but within 5 mins,my skin tanned.:(

What kind of sunscreen do you use? Here in the US we have water-proof sports sunscreens. Maybe you can find one of those?

Also, how much are you putting on? Try putting on a more generous amount, then allow 30 minutes for the sunscreen to dry and absorb before you go outside and get sweaty or get in the water (if you are swimming). I have noticed that many people a) don't put on enough and b) put the suncreen on then immediately jump in the pool, where of course most of it washes off (and also gets in your eyes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back