Salt bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made very few salt bar batches. My notes say I loved them at around 3 weeks, and REALLY loved them at 2-4 months. These were 75% Coconut, 1:1 salt to oil ratio, and 5% superfat.

Longer is better. I do start early if I don't find one of my 2 year olds though.

YES!!! make more and that way it's much easier to let them cure for long periods.
Color stick but not so much with most fragrances ( the time thing I'm sure).

And welcome to the forum!:bunny:

I just started using one that’s a year old. The lather is so dense you could practically sculpt it!

I found a three year old salt bar a few days ago, not managed to get it in the shower yet but I need to.
I've shaved with mine too but I tend to nick myself so I don't use them anymore, not enough slip and the salt burns.

Hi all, I made some salt bars a while back. Dumb question: are they supposed to be scratchy? Mine seem a bit too "exfoliating".

Hi all, I made some salt bars a while back. Dumb question: are they supposed to be scratchy? Mine seem a bit too "exfoliating".

Did you use Himalayan salt?
That is really lethally scratchy salt in soap.
You have to use fine plain table salt or canning salt (in the US) without additives.

Latest posts

Back