Rookie wants to make shaving soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Essential Depot has a pretty big selection they always have free shipping deals on NaOH and usually KOH. and by "free" it's marked up to include it but it does make you feel better to not see the shipping cost added on a line item (still a fantastic deal and that's where I go). They are good for smaller quantities before it seems like a good idea to switch to soapers choice and get the better cost per pound and move the kids into a tent in the yard to make room for soaping supplies (which comes a little later).
That is if you're in the US.

Last edited:
soap kitchen uk is a pretty big one. they pretty much have everything, from lyes to bases, packaging, etc...

Soap kitchen looks like a great site for my needs!

Now to try and learn about the essential oils... I know nothing about scents etc, but essential oils seems like the way to go. But when looking at soap kitchen there was alot of allergen declarations, kind of worrying?

are you thinking of going the natural way (EOs) as opposed to using synthetics (FOs)? there is a current discussion about this, here: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=51795

might be worth to read...

for me personally, i go both ways: FO and EO. i am not a die hard natural when making my products, and sometimes chemicals are needed to make a better product (at least for me). for example, i absolutely hate greasy lotions, and for that i am going to need a few this and that that ain't natural stuff.

Back