Recycled soap to make confetti

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwayneu

Reaction score
We had a box of old soaps that did not turn out as we planned, or had a weak scent, or was just plain ugly. Billie decided to put it to use, so we separated bars by similar colors, primarily looking for blues and purples. We put each color group through the salad shredder. Cooked them down in separate crock pots and added more blue or purple. We then dumped the blue and purple globs onto separate freezer paper to cool and harden, and then re-shredded each one. Then made a plain partial CP batch based on adding 23% shreds by weight. We dumped in the two piles of blue and purple shreds, stirred a couple of times and poured into a 15" log mold. Sprinkled a few extras of each on the top, and closed it up. We doped it with Fierce FO. This is what we got.

The confetti log
soap002-b.jpg

Bars after cutting with a waffle cutter
soap008-b.jpg

Closer look at the bars
soap007-b.jpg

OOOH thats pretty.....I like it. What an awesome job you guys did.

Verrrrrry nice. Choosing your colors instead of using everything comes
out much nicer!

very cool! i have plenty of bad soap that i would love to do this with!

Billie & Wayne - I love it, love it, love it!!! I've got soap that is too color intense that I just shredded and planned to add to a new CP batch. Just wasn't sure how to do it or what it would look like. Thanks for your detailed endeavor; now I've got the confidence to proceed.

i just love to recycle soaps,,NO WASTE,,I say..Looks great!! Been nice if it were a FROOT LOOP scent..lol

Back