Question ...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tklechak

Reaction score
Hey all !!! It's been quite a long time since I have been on this site. I have had 2 back surgeries (and need 1 more). I have also since retired (which isn't what I thought it would be. Anyways, This question will probably make EVERYONE roll their eyes ....

Can scented wax cubes for candle making be used in soap making ?? If so, what would I have to change ?? Thanks, and sorry for the stupid post of the day!! Timm .......:crazy:

Welcome back! :) The biggest concern I would have is this: are they rated body-safe? Many candle scents are not body-safe (although some are).

Edited to add- they would also need to be rated safe for using in lye-based soap.

IrishLass :)

Welcome back! :) The biggest concern I would have is this: are they rated body-safe? Many candle scents are not body-safe (although some are).

Edited to add- they would also need to be rated safe for using in lye-based soap.

IrishLass :)
Thanks for your reply, Irish Lass !! Hmmmm ... Was going to reply that I was going to do 1 experiment batch, but I read ""May cause skin irritation" and "avoid prolonged contact with skin", so I guess that pretty much nixes that idea. DARN !!! I love the STRONG scent (strawberry) plus it has some red coloring to it . Again, Thanks for the reply !! Timm ....:cry:

Tklechk, I had the same thought when I was fairly new at soaping. I even bought several of those wax tarts to try them out in soap. But then I started using them for their intended purpose and never did try. Plus I read more about scenting soaps and cautions about skin safety and so forth, so I'm glad I didn't try without first doing some research. The other thing I noticed about the wax tarts is that even though I love some of the scents, once the wax is completely melted, the remaining wax no longer has a very noticeable fragrance. So even if it was skin safe, I doubt it would endure in soap.

Back