How to tell if 100% Coconut Oil has Saponified

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a thought ~ have you searched through the forum for pictures of other examples of other soaper's 100% CO soap to visually compare? Sometimes, we are our own worst critics because we are looking too closely at our own products, nit picking at every detail 🤷🏼‍♀️
I haven't made 100% of any oil soap but I did see an article online a while back where a lady did test a bunch of single oil recipes and posted pictures ~ if I can find it, I will add it later, but sometimes a visual comparison is helpful also because people see things differently and thus verbally describe things differently ~ just a thought, not meant to be a criticism. I say this because in my opinion, coconut oil has a strange appearance to start with, areas of opacity and transparency. Even after it's made into soap, it looks different from other oils in soap unless it's at lower percentage. But that's just the way I see coconut oil in soap 🤷🏼‍♀️

*ETA: I Googled "single oil soap recipes" and found a bunch of articles, including this one Single Oil Soaps - Learning Saponified Properties of Soapmaking Oils
which I think is the one I was referencing.

Last edited:
I Googled "single oil soap recipes" and found a bunch of articles, including this one Single Oil Soaps - Learning Saponified Properties of Soapmaking Oils
which I think is the one I was referencing.
Good advice! 🥰 In addition to @DeeAnna's Soapy Stuff, Lovin' Soap Studio is an excellent resource for all things soap related. Be sure to bookmark it and, while there, tick RESOURCES in the top menu for a drop-down menr of all the info available for free on that site. It's a good thing. 😉

Latest posts

Back