Pumpkin CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickjuly

Reaction score
This is my first time with using fruit in soap. Was fun but boy does pumpkin in the lye solution get hot! Looked on this message board and few other recipe places. Used Pumpkin as 100% liquid. Lye makes it like orange water. Used WSP Perfect Pumpkin, smells great ! Figured I enjoy seeing everyones soaps would try to contribute more. Oh, no color other than TD in the top layer used. Bottom color is all from Libby's canned pumpkin.

IMG_4669.jpg

Those looks SO rich and warm! One of the best pumpkin colors I've seen so far!

Soap_for_breakfast said:
Awesome soap! did you liquidize the pumpkin in the blender?

Nope, just used Libby's canned pumpkin. It has none of the normal chucky pumpkin texture. Think using all pumpkin with only 1 oz. water the lye added to it turned it to an orange pure water texture.

Ooooooh!! I wanted to try that FO. Let us know if it discolors.... does anyone else know if it does??

Thanks!!!

agriffin said:
Ooooooh!! I wanted to try that FO. Let us know if it discolors.... does anyone else know if it does??

Thanks!!!

It may discolor some, has 3% vanilla. But the other 2 pumpkin FO's on there had 6% or 10% vanilla. With using canned pumpkin its a medium orangy color now. Plan on giving this batch to family and friends for Thanksgiving so won't be keeping many bars.

nickjuly said:
agriffin said:

Thanks!!!

It may discolor some, has 3% vanilla. But the other 2 pumpkin FO's on there had 6% or 10% vanilla. With using canned pumpkin its a medium orangy color now. Plan on giving this batch to family and friends for Thanksgiving so won't be keeping many bars.

I'll think I'll try some! You're right, it had the least vanilla. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back