Piggy Palace (Guinea Pig content) Pic!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well these little cuties continue to entertain me each and every day.
I've been bringing them in a couple of handfuls of grass from our garden every day to supplement their other food.
I love it how they whistle at me as I walk in the room!
Green beans are the absolute favourite at the moment, as well as carrot, and they like red capsicum more than green, go figure!

its a nice feeling to be welcomed (wheeked at ) lol...I only have to speak and I set our off lol.....and our 19 piggies grew to 21 a week ago lol....there was 2 boys for sale onm the side of the road for $5 .....so they came home with me , I had full intentions of rehoming them but chaged my mind lol

Trace, sounds like you are a sucker for those cute little furries. I have to avoid the pet shop on the way home from shopping, I walk the other way so I don't see any of them. Its usually bunnies that catch my eye and I want to free them from there. Dh rushes me out from the produce store so I don't get attached to the pigs (thats where I got the last one).

What are these boys names ? and have they settled in AND taken over.

Relle.

We named these two , Frankie and Sylvester....they are about 6-8 mths old I reckon, still skittish but in time will calm down.....they have kinda taken over at the moment as we r trying to handle them heaps so they get used to us, as Frankie runs like lightning lol

And Yeah I am a sucker lol

How are all your piggies Trace ? Ours are a little stir crazy at the moment as we have had a lot of rain and they want out. Let them out this afternoon and they are having fun eating all the long grass.

I made soap cupcakes yesterday, so while I had the the scales out I thought I'd weigh them. Possum is 980 grams and Oscar (the porky pig) weighs 1.210 kgs :shock: .

Relle.

I haven't let mind outside for any length of time, I'm scared their going to run away :(
I do cut them some grass every second day for them to eat.
I'm curious how much mine weigh, so Im going to weigh them this afternoon!

They are hard to catch if they're out in the yard, we have an outside cage as well so they run in there (sometimes) when we tell them to go to bed. Otherwise the prawn net comes out and theres this crazy woman running around trying to catch them.

Ours is pretty escape proof. You can get those doggy fences and put them in the yard while your home that way they get use to the yard, but I wouldn't do it unless your at home in case anything happens.

Relle.

Hey Relle, Mine r great , spoilt lil brats lol.....i actually have 8 more here ATM that someone dumped at the local shopping centre and the RSPCA gave the person who found them my number......but otherwise all is real good.....

Chrissy if you want to allow them to run on the grass but dont wanna spend all afternoon trying to catch them, C&C grids are great , I think they are called IBEX grids at bunnings they are not very expensive and we zip tie ours together that way they fold up nicely and are easy to unfold when u want to use them......also old security window screens ( with the screen still in ) are great....find them at the tip shop for next to nothing

EIGHT :shock: :shock: :shock: , can imagine that many running around altogether, Hope you find homes for this lot, I couldn't give them away. :(

Relle.

Well, I am very sad to let you know that our little guy Sprout passed away. He was our very first guinea pig, he was the one that made me fall in love with them. He was fine,then we got up the next morning and he was really ill, our vet (admitting that he didn't have much experience with cavies) couldn't really tell us what was wrong with him, he felt because he was such a young guinea pig (3 months) that it was a congenital condition, he saw our other one and he is healthy and showing no signs of illness.
So we've all had a good cry, my 9yo son has written a story about him and how much fun he was, he is definitely feeling the loss. I would even go as far to say that he is depressed about it.

RIP Sprout, we loved you so much :cry:

Relle, I already have 21 so I have no more room lol.....But one of the boys is becoming very special, so I dunno we may end up keeping him , depends if he can fit in to one of my boar groups ....will just have to see

Sounds like you are going to keep him no matter what. He's already wiggled his way into your heart. Sneaky aren't they.

Relle.

Chrissy, I remember Dr Harry saying once that you have to love them while you have them because they don't live as long as us. :cry:

I think I might have to get one of those huge turtles like they have at the zoo - think they live for 100 - 150 yrs :shock:

Relle.

Latest posts

Back