OTS FO's that stick?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, thinking of ordering from OTS and wondering if anyone had recommendations for scents that are good and that stick? My ride or die scents from there are Mysore Sandalwood, Bonsai and Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific (the last only for shampoo bars, though.) @Mobjack Bay, in a past post you said you'd ordered the below, did you ever soap these FOs and do you have any thoughts on them? It was a while ago, but thought you might remember if they were standouts. Especially interested in the Mardi Gras, Lavender Fields and Black Fig and Honey.

"Coconut Breeze, Mardi Gras, Lavender Fields, Cranberry Apple Crush, Black Fig & Honey, German Chamomile Tea, Confederate Jasmine, Absolutely Awesome Oakmoss and Amber Dawn."

@Mobjack Bay, in a past post you said you'd ordered the below, did you ever soap these FOs and do you have any thoughts on them? It was a while ago, but thought you might remember if they were standouts. Especially interested in the Mardi Gras, Lavender Fields and Black Fig and Honey.
I’ve liked almost all of the OT scents I’ve purchased over time, including standing favorites: Bonsai, Green Tweed, Frankincense & Myrrh, Egyptian Musk (accelerates like crazy), Confederate Jasmine (accelerates some), Mysore Sandalwood, Peche de Vigne, and Oakmoss & Amber, and most of the new ones. Of the latest batch, Amber Dawn reminds me of NS Comfort & Joy and is nothing like what I expected. I bought it because I am still on a search for an FO that can replace BB’s White Ginger & Amber that was discontinued a few years ago.

I can’t say anything about longevity for Mardi Gras (some acceleration) and Lavender Fields because I just recently made my first test samples for those. Black Fig & Honey has held well since late November. It discolors to lt. brown.

Of the new samples, Watermelon Patch is on the light side, Cranberry Apple Crush is quite strong and most of the others are what I would call “normal” strength when used at just under 6% in the test samples.

Peche de Vigne is a relatively light scent, especially for the OT line. I started mixing it with a bit of NS Champagne, which I think boosts the scent a little, and call it Peach Prosecco.

Back