OMH

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraHoosier

Reaction score
I made up some oatmeal, goat's milk and honey soap, fragrance free and just unmolded it :D It looks great except it lifted up in the middle while refrigerated lol. I flipped it over once out of the mold in hopes that that it will sink back to level as it warms up and finishes doing its thing and stops zapping. I need to note on my recipe to use less oatmeal though. it looked too much like cake batter when I poured.

Well I put it in the fridge to avoid gel but it didn't end up mattering. I was right. I used too much oatmeal and it crumbled apart so I'll rebatch this 6 bars at a time and leave out any more oatmeal :D

I hated to lose the batch since this was my first with some local grown, organic oatmeal I finally got my hands on but pour and learn.

Laura, It is a lovely, creamy color. I always end up with a dark OMH because it gets so darned hot. But, I also don't try to prevent the gel. Sorry about the rebatch.

Well the first of several planned re-batches for this soap was done last night and it is still pretty light colored. The GM didn't brown.

Sad news was tonight as I worked on a batch of lard soap for a friend who is allergic to coconut oil I put my pink CraftersChoice molds into the oven after washing to dry and to cook any soap missed so I'd know if they needed to be cleaned out again since the last batch had coconut oil in it.

I lifted one out of the oven and it split diagonally across one edge and up the side. A nice, long 3" split. :shock: And the supplier I bought them from is out of stock on them and has been for a couple weeks now I think. Poopie. Even hubby like working with these molds so I hope I can get more soon.

Latest posts

Back