New swirl - needs a name

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agriffin

Reaction score
Well...new to me. I'm sure it's been done before. It needs a name...shell swirl? Fan swirl? Tornado swirl? Help...

Inspired by this paper...

http://www.papermojo.com/Crepaldi-Bookb ... _1113.html

I think if I use a thinner swirling utensil I can get rounder curves like in the paper.

The really cool thing about is that when you look at it from different angles...it looks totally different.

6284274925_b99b782fbb.jpg

From this angle it looks 3D.

6284275125_1817aa5b39.jpg

6284794794_79a049ac0e.jpg

I used natural colorants to color. I'll post how to do it on my blog tomorrow...but first it needs a name.

HAH! You are amazing.

I saw that paper thing and I was like "impossible."

:shock: it's awesome and a little trippy.

Jeez, when I seen that paper I thought it would be impossible to do that swirl in soap! But it looks like you replicated it pretty darn well! I can't wait to see how it looks unmolded!

Edit:

For the sake of it, can you please call it acid trip swirl? haha just jokes

I was thinking something shell like. I didn't think to look at the paper name. That would look like a peacock if you used green, blue and some black. Hmmmmmm....

Dang. Now I have to do it again and round off the circles like peacock feathers. I think I like peacock swirl.

Amanda -

You're so awesome! That is incredibly trippy. I didn't think the paper could be duplicated, either. I thought the same thing Tasha did and that it kind of reminds me of mushrooms.

I like the name 'Shroom. :wink:

WOWSER................Amanda that is incredibly beautiful Oh my goodness please do the peacock swirl soon I can only imagine how spectacular that one will be!!!!!!!!! Dont have a name for you I love the peachy colour and think of Salmon LOL sure you dont want to name your soap something fishy :lol:

I thought peacock when I saw it too! I am beyond amazed that you duplicated that paper. You are incredibly talented. :D

Latest posts

Back