new formula 2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay Janine - you did it! Most of my recipes are somewhere around 40 hardness on the lye calculators. It will be fine, and now you have something to touch and feel and when it’s ready, use to see for yourself if it’s what you want.

lt was so fun but was totally interrupted arrgghhh...l notice my batch was a bit small but l will learn as l go when l added my fragrance noticed it didnt thicken like it was, anyways might do another batch tonight...

I have several recipes I use and they are all good ones... problem is, you may love them and someone else may hate them. We all have good recipes in our opinions, but each soapmaker needs to test and determine what he or she likes.

Leaf lard ...I would save for pie crusts since it is expensive and will really not make much difference when the lye monster is done with it

Hello guys l made my 1st batch totally had fun with it finger X it turns out fine
i used 2 natural color clays...

Congratulations on making your first batch awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

I forgot the instructions for multi quoting...:( the brain is getting old

thankyou so much made another one next day bigger size can you tell me if this is a moisturing soap do you go by creamy side of the soap calc

Janine, that file does not appear to contain a photo and I think posting a zip file tends to make some folks reluctant to open them on a forum for fear of downloading something unwanted. So is it possible for you to post your pictures in a more normal way on this forum?

Here is a YouTube video on how to add pictures to XenForo forums, of which we are one.

There is one other way to add photos here, which is to start your own Media Gallery, and then once you have photos therein, you can choose the camera icon above, to choose a photo from your SMF Media Gallery.
Media Gallery icon.JPG

I hope that helps. I would love to see how your photo looks.

Yeah, getting SS coat hangers is more difficult these days. I found some at some store once (don't even remember where), and bought them just to use for a hanger swirl. But usually I use a gear tie because it's more easily bendable to fit various mold sizes.

Your soaps look nice and that's a nice photo presentation as well.

l think in the swirl it had reaction cause it wasnt stainless steal..
Just a natural looking bar used green clay,waiting for some mica's to come l will up load some more later having trouble with my silly phone l dropped it the other day and cracked the camera lens so not the best pic but will do our best..

Just as an FYI on your mold, you can easily shorten it to accommodate a smaller batch. I've done this several times when I've been testing FO's/EO's/blends. Cut a piece of sturdy cardboard the width of your mold and a bit higher (1/2"/1cm) then wrap in packing tape. It should cut the mold in half or 1/3, whatever you want. Then you can pour a smaller batch without having to buy anything else or find empty containers around the house. Congratulations on making successful soap!:thumbs:

Latest posts

Back